"Fantastic Barcelona New York" Barcelona by Randall_Burt

Barcelona Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 8 photos

Fantastic Barcelona, The Sea Lion Ship

The Sea Lion Ship is My Favorite stop in Barcelona. I am helping restore this Grand Ship. It was first launched on Chautauqua Lake in 1984. In 1992 after financial problems sold to a Group in Buffalo New York. It sank in 1999 in Lake Erie in Buffalo. A Group of Dedicated Divers and many more raised the Ship in 2000. It was floated back to Barcelona where it sat out of the water. Restoration is a slow process but We are now painting the Ship and replacing some of the bad boards on top. The Hull is in A1 condition. It will take maybe a couple Years but hope is to sail Her again.

• Pros:My 2nd Home. What a View and Ship
  • Cons:NONE
  • In a nutshell:Stop Bye and say Hello to The Restoration Crew.
  • Last visit to Barcelona: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Sep 22, 2003

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2015 at 5:29 PM

Love your sunset photo! Didn't know there was a Barcelona in the USA

• Randall_Burt's Profile Photo
      Feb 1, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Hello Dee. Our Barcelona is on Lake Erie with Canada just a few miles to the North. For many, they think they are at the Ocean, I love that thought. In 1988 I was in Brisbane for a couple days on a trip around the World. I loved the area and I visited the Expo in Brisbane. I hope to return there someday but for now, I guess Barcelona is my favorite place to get away in the USA. Randall.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Feb 1, 2015 at 3:04 PM

Great you have been to Brisbane and glad you enjoyed it!

• Apr 28, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Thanks for writing about Barcelona, NY. My g-parents lived there & I still have relatives there. We stop to view the light house when we're in the area & stop for smoked fish. It's run by a distant cousin. Barb Trautlein, Los Alamos, NM

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2005 at 11:31 PM

Hey, I never knew there was a Barcelona in NY. Live and learn.

• utttz's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2003 at 6:15 AM

waiting for the sealion to sail again

• Malinduli's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2003 at 4:31 PM

this is very beautiful

Randall_Burt

“Who are You calling a ferry? Oh, the boat. The Bemus Point/Stow Ferry. Captain Randall”

Badges & Stats in Barcelona

Have you been to Barcelona?

Latest Activity in Barcelona