"Virtual Tourist Flag Flies at Ice Castle" Randall_Burt's Profile

Mayville New Yorks 2010 Ice Castle

After 5 years the pole I made with signs to Winter festivals around the World got its big weekend. The first two years were only some events as mother nature was not good to Us. On the second year I broke out My windshield with the long pole. This year with some touchup paint, My sign I made with the help of My VT Friends on the forum and My VT flag were well liked at the Mayville New York ice festival. With thousands there to see the flag on top of the pole, I was very happy. Also at the festival, I did a Polar Bear swim with the help of My VT Friends on the best way to enter the water. I jumped into the cold water with a large Crowd watching. Thank You Everyone that has helped with My questions on the VT forum.

Coolest Hotel

The Four Seasons Great Barrier Reef Hotel off the Coast of Townsville Australia was the neatest Hotel I ever stayed at. Built in Singapore, it was a 200 room Hotel 2 Hours by High Speed Boat to get to in the Great Barrier Reef. After a Year or so, it went bust. It was floated up to Vienam and last know to be on the Siagon River. My Townsville Australia Page has a little More information on My stay at this Hotel.

The GREAT!!!!!

Who ever thought I would get to see the Pyramids and go inside. Not Me. The Camel ride was cool but the Operators try to ripp You off. By American standards, The price wasn't much.

New Jersey in Australia

The Us Battleship New Jersey was in Sydney Australia in 1988 for Australias Bicentinenal. I got to tour this Mighty Ship.

Barcelona Harbor

Barcelona New York is My Most Favorite Local Getaway. What a Sunrise.

Put A Nickel in The Slot

Drop 5 Cents in the slot for Your Fortune.

The Fortune Teller at Midway Park in Maple Springs New York. Midway is one of the Oldest Still Operating Amusement Parks in the World.

Sea Lion July 17, 2003

The Ship as it looked before painting and restoration.

The Sea Lion October 15, 2003.

The Ship Almost painted and restored.

• Intro Updated Feb 23, 2010

• udtaparindaa's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2014 at 1:22 AM

nice pic...I am still waiting for my VT flag :/

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Hi Randall! I get a kick out of festivals to see what the locals are up to and inc winter festivals as love snow so great home page here! congrats on the 13 years here on VT along with your vt flags!

Dec 9, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Happy belated V-Day. PJ

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Hi Randall, Just writing to wish you (another!!) very Happy Birthday. Have a good party tonite, LOL! Regards from England.

May 11, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Hello Geoff. Thank You. My birthday was nice and quiet, I spent all day at work and didn't tell anyone. Randall.

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
      May 12, 2013 at 2:17 AM

let me piggy back on Geoff's Birthday wishes - another year and wiser -that counts ;-)))

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2013 at 4:35 AM

a very Happy birthday - hope all is well in your part of the world

May 11, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Hello Margaret. Everything is well here in the old USA. Thanks, Randall.

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Hi Randall, How are you going? I do hope that you have a wonderful birthday today. Regards, Carole.

May 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Hello Carole. Thank you very much. Great to have friends around the world. Have a great day or night, Randall.

May 10, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Randall, Happy Birthday. PJ

May 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Hello Pieter. Thank you. Hard to believe almost 12 years or so on VT. Great to still have My VT Friends today, Randall.

May 12, 2013 at 12:29 AM

We'll just add another 12 years and than prepare the 25 VT jubilee year, haha. PJ

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Hi Randall. Yes those time zones are a problem aren't they? LOL! Thanks for not disturbing me in slumberland. Your birthday message is/was most welcome, thanks. Hope you are keeping well and happy. Take care and regards. Geoff

• giampiero6's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Sweet VT Flag pic Randall...time to get a brand new flag! Drop us a note at feedback@virtualtourist.com and we'll send you one!

• Tugboatguy's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Hello Cap'n, When I just saw your photo, I thought you skippered a Tug! A BIG Tug. When does Lake Chautauqua freeze over?

Dec 2, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Hello. Chautauqua Lake is very strange, sometimes in December, January or last year I don't think at all. When we have a good year, in Mayville on the North End they build an ice castle built out of around 400 pound blocks of ice cut from the lake. 3 years ago I did a polar bear swim. Sort of crazy jumping into the water after they cut a section of ice out of it. It seemed like I was in forever but looking at a video it was only 10 or so seconds. Randall

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Randall_Burt's Profile Photo

Randall_Burt

“Who are You calling a ferry? Oh, the boat. The Bemus Point/Stow Ferry. Captain Randall”

Real Name