Simferopol Local Custom Tips by polrbear Top 5 Page for this destination
Simferopol Local Customs: 2 reviews and 0 photos
If someone comes up to you on the street and doesn't look to be selling anything (nor do they look drunk), listen carefully to what they're saying. If one of the words you hear is "chas", they're asking you what time it is. On the other hand, giving people the time would be a great way to make an exit if you were accosted by someone drunk or selling something, I suppose.
Save your shopping bags. If you are shopping and you don't bring your own bag, usually the shop will charge you an extra 10 cents or so for one.
Businesses in town are almost fanatical about change. I almost started an international incident trying to pay for a 5.25 gryvna bottle of water with a 10 gryvna note. Salespeople and cashiers will almost always ask you if you have the change (kopecks) for whatever your price is.
Even though 100 gryvna is about $20, don't expect to be able to use it at any street vendor. Best bet is to get smaller bills at a bank or break it at your next restaurant stop.
More Reviews (34)
- See All Classy cafe with great location
- See All Pay no attention to the trademark...
- See All A self-serve grocery
- See All My favorite Internet spot
- See All Route taxis (the little minivans)
polrbear's Related Pages
Simferopol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Simferopol' - the gate to the Crimea"
- "All Roads to the Crimea go through Simferopol"
- "Crimean Capital"
- "SImferopol - the Last Stop - The Starting Point"
- "2500 sunny hours a year"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Simferopol
- Hotels in Simferopol
- Transportation in Simferopol
- Nightlife in Simferopol
- Restaurants in Simferopol
- Shopping in Simferopol
- Warnings and Dangers in Simferopol
- See All...
Explore the World
- Megara Hotels
- Lockwood Hotels
- Wairere Falls Hotels
- Conley Downs Hotels
- Syros Island
- Ocean Grove
- Saratoga Springs
Badges & Stats in Simferopol
- 37 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Simferopol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Simferopol
Photos in SimferopolSee All Photos (35)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 45 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simferopol Intro, 37 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 18 reviews, 10 photos
- New York City Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Prague Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
No friends yet.