Groningen Restaurant Tips by sandravdp
Groningen Restaurants: 42 reviews and 39 photos
*Note: I have recently heared from a VT member that cafe Rubio seems to be a gay cafe. So keep that in mind when you want to visit it.*
Visit restaurant Ugly Duck or café Rubio. They are next to eachother. At Rubio's you can have drinks and at the Duck you can eat.
Directions: A sidestreet of the big shoppingstreet 'Zwanenstraat' (Swanstreet) that begins at the Groote Markt (Main Square).
Note: * I have recently heared from a VT member they have closed Zotte Lotte*
Zotte Lotte has good daily dinners and the service here ( I saw it almost no where else) was exellent.
You are allowed to eat sandwhiches from the bakery next to this restaurant / café at the terrace of Zotte Lotte. As long as you order drinks at Zotte Lotte :)
Favorite Dish: Icetea with a sandwhich.
Directions: At the right of the Groote Markt (in the Peperstraat?)
The first day we ate in the 'Drie Gezusters'. The service is very slow and some of the meat was a bit dry, but all the other things where good (atmosphere, low prices and good potatoes, french fries, salads, vegetabledishes and drinks).
De Drie Gezusters also has a terrace, is a pub and has several bars and discos.
Favorite Dish: Steak with peppersauce and with french fries and chinese colesla on the side.
Address: Groote Markt (Main Square).
Other Contact: De Drie Gezusters are in fact fo
All things are made fresh.
Favorite Dish: Pizza Taranata. It has cheese, tomatoesauce, onions, garlic, ham, salami and mushrooms on it.
Directions: Peperstreet, right side of the main square 'Groote Markt'.
Other Contact: I don't have a picture of this r
Visit bakery 'Het opstapje' for a good lunch. You can find it easily.
Exellent service, very tasty and not too expensive!
Favorite Dish: A tasty crabsaladwith mustard or fresh piece of salmon on warm fresh bread!
Address: It's next to restaurant/café Zotte Lotte.
More Reviews (32)
- See All By train or car.
- No dangers as far as I...
- No real traps I guess...
- See All One of the best...
- See All The Martinitoren (Martini...
sandravdp's Related Pages
Groningen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Groningen, a city I love!"
- "Groningen above all."
- "One of the world’s leading bicycle cities"
- "Citizens of Groningen are more courteous"
- "ER IS NIETS BOVEN GRONINGEN"
- "In the old days"
- "VT-meeting I"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Groningen
- Hotels in Groningen
- Transportation in Groningen
- Nightlife in Groningen
- Restaurants in Groningen
- Shopping in Groningen
- Warnings and Dangers in Groningen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Province of Zambales
- Parksville Hotels
- Brigantine Hotels
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Buruanga Hotels
- Ulsteinvik Hotels
Badges & Stats in Groningen
- 37 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 52 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Groningen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Groningen
Top 10 Pages
- Haarlem Intro, 73 reviews, 164 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 75 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brugge Intro, 11 reviews, 117 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orléans Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rotterdam Intro, 15 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Varanasi Intro, 38 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nantes Intro, 30 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Indonesia Intro, 51 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montpellier Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (202)
Latest Groningen hotel reviews
- Golden Tulip Paterswolde Groningen
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 28, 2013
- Hampshire Hotel - Groningen
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013
- Hotel Schimmelpenninck Huys
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Simplon Youthhotel
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 10, 2013
- Best Western Hotel Stadskanaal
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 24, 2013
- Martini Hotel
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 18, 2013
- Hotel De Doelen
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 11, 2013
- Eden Cityhotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- NH Groningen
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2013
- NH Hotel De Ville
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Hampshire Hotel - Plaza Groningen
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Martini Toren - Martini Tower- 11 Reviews, 12 Photos
- City Museum- 12 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Prinsenhof - The Court of the Prince- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Martinikerk - Martini Church- 6 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Maritime Museum- 3 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Goudkantoor - Gold Office- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Der-Aakerk Church- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Korenbeurs- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Gardepoort- 2 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Synagogue- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
See All Groningen Things to Do