Haarlem Off The Beaten Path Tips by sandravdp
Haarlem Off The Beaten Path: 61 reviews and 67 photos
In summer it's very nice to visit the recreation area of Spaarnwoude. It lays in between Haarlem and Amsterdam near Halfweg. You can picknick here, go swimming in the clean water, go rowing in a boat on the water, go kiteflying or just take a lazy day in the grass surrounded by trees and nature. It's also possible to go cycling, walking or horsebackriding here, because the area is very big.
Visit one of the dune areas. These pictures were made in The Waterleidingduinen. In these dunes you can walk and while walking anjoy the threes and the animals. Foxes, hares, rabits, birds, longhorn cows, shetlandponies and deer are often seen here. More duneareas are for example The Kennemerduinen and Parnassia. More about duneareas you can find in my TRAVELLOGUE on this page. The chapter is called 'Bloemendaal'.
Here I was watching the snow falling down from the bedroom window in my parents house. All the cars and the whole street was covered with a thick pack of snow in no time.
Birds in the pond of the Neighbourhood (The Old Amsterdam Neighbourhood in the east of Haarlem) were I used to live till I was 21. These birds come back to build their nest every year.
This trees I can see from my balcony. They look great in summer. Often doves fly by to rest in these trees.
From my apartment I can see these treeknobs that contain early leaves in spring. Often there are birds singing in the trees too.
Nature in the neighbourhood, always nice to look at especially in spring and summer. On the picture: a little peace of private nature in the backyard of my father.
Other skypicture tips: Go to the beach at Zandvoort/Bloemendaal, watch the sky from a high flat/apartment or watch the pretty skies from the train from Amsterdam to Haarlem or to Beverwijk. Get two out of one thing: Beverwijk has huge shopping bazars with furniture, clothes and fruits are sold by Turks, Moroccans and Dutch.
Tips for the best sunsets: ponds in local parks, the river Spaarne and great open fields have to nicest sunsets to photograph.
The nicest sunsets are near water and in open areas. Sunset at summer: between 10 and 11 pm (june/july), between 9 and 10 pm(august); Sunset at autumn: between 7 and 9 pm(september), between 6 and 4 pm (oktober/november). Sunset in winter: between 4 and 6 pm (december), between 5 and 6 pm (january, february). Sunset in spring: between 6 and 7 pm (march), between 7 and 8 pm (april) and between 8 and 9 pm (may).
More Reviews (52)
- See All The first thing you must see...
- See All Nightlife in Haarlem, well...
- Haarlem has a few good hotels...
- Haarlem has so many good...
- Most people are polite here...
sandravdp's Related Pages
Haarlem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Haarlem - City of Flowers"
- "HAARLEM MY HOMETOWN"
- "Between us, I prefer Haarlem to Amsterdam."
- "READY FOR A VT-MEETING?"
- "An Easy Day Trip From Amsterdam Central"
- "Haarlem Adventures"
- "sandravdp's new Haarlem Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Haarlem
- Hotels in Haarlem
- Transportation in Haarlem
- Nightlife in Haarlem
- Restaurants in Haarlem
- Shopping in Haarlem
- Warnings and Dangers in Haarlem
- See All...
Explore the World
- Dhekelia Cantonment Hotels
- Marina del Rey Hotels
- British Virgin Islands Hotels
- Oswaldtwistle Hotels
- Surat Thani
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Istanbul Off The Beaten Path
- Vienna Off The Beaten Path
- Monterey Off The Beaten Path
- Rome Off The Beaten Path
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- Missouri Off The Beaten Path
- New Mexico Off The Beaten Path
- Honolulu Off The Beaten Path
- Andalucía Off The Beaten Path
- Traditional Houses
- Beijing Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Haarlem
- 73 Reviews
- 164 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 195 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Haarlem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Haarlem
- Uploaded a Photo to "Here are the collegues of my..."
- Commented on one of AMOQUE's Haarlem travel pages
- updated a Haarlem Travel Page "sandravdp's new Haarlem Page"
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Re: Off the beaten path...."
- Wrote a Review More nice woods: The Hout... about Surroundings in Haarlem Things to Do
Photos in HaarlemSee All Photos (164)
Top 10 Pages
- Haarlem Intro, 73 reviews, 164 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 75 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brugge Intro, 11 reviews, 117 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orléans Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rotterdam Intro, 15 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Varanasi Intro, 38 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nantes Intro, 30 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Indonesia Intro, 51 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montpellier Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (202)
Latest Haarlem hotel reviews
- Hotel Malts
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Carlton Square Hotel
- 88 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Amrath Grand Hotel Frans Hals
- 85 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Ambassador City Centre Hotel
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Amadeus Hotel
- 80 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Golden Tulip Lion Dor
- 43 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Van Der Valk Hotel Haarlem Zuid
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Hotel Die Raeckse
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Hotel Carillon
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013
- Stayokay Haarlem
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 6, 2013
- Grote Markt- 41 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Hofjes- 23 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Frans Hals Museum- 16 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Streets / Canals- 19 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Grote Kerk- 18 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Teylers Museum- 16 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Museums- 13 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Flower Parade- 6 Reviews, 5 Photos
- St. Bavo Cathedral- 7 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Spaarne- 12 Reviews, 16 Photos
See All Haarlem Things to Do