"Kelso: pretty old border town" Kelso by sandravdp
Kelso Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 46 photos
I went to a world duck meeting in Kelso. A duck is a French 2 CV car of the Citroen label. The world meeting is held every two years and each time in an other country.
There were like 2500 cars from about 28 countries all together at the meeting place in Kelso.
Kelso is a lovely old town near the border of Scotland and England. There is a nice little market square, a town hall, a church and an old cathedral / monarchy ruin to see.
There also is a pretty castle, called "Floors Castle". Inside the castle you can take a look at very old style furniture and paintings. There also is a room with medieval like clothing and stuffed birds (a bit creepy). There are still people living in the catsle, which makes it more interesting.
- Pros:Lots to see for such a small town
- Cons:It's hard to find a parking space here
- In a nutshell:A must see for sure, but park your car somewhat away from the centre.
sandravdp's Related Pages
Kelso Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Suprising Kelso"
- "Kelso Abbey and Floors Castle"
- "Glad I went..."
- "Kelso: pretty old border town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kelso
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Kelso?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kelso
Top 10 Pages
- Haarlem Intro, 73 reviews, 164 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 75 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brugge Intro, 11 reviews, 117 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orléans Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rotterdam Intro, 15 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Varanasi Intro, 38 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nantes Intro, 30 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Indonesia Intro, 51 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montpellier Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue