"sandravdp's new Netherlands Page" Netherlands by sandravdp
Netherlands Travel Guide: 32,498 reviews and 86,819 photos
Hi! My name is Sandra. I live in Holland since I was born in 1978. My family has a long history in Holland. They are to be traced in Holland as far as 1755. They were a fisherclan who lived in IJmuiden. Now my family spreaded around other places like Groningen, Haarlem and Amsterdam.
Amsterdam is the capital city of Holland (in total) and lies in the provence of North Holland. The capital city of North Holland is however not Amsterdam, but Haarlem (I live there). Holland has twelve provences. Each has its own capital city.
Holland is the country of water and large meadows. All very flat, there are no mountains here. Our only mountain is a real laugh. It lies in the south of Holland in the provence of Limburg and it's called Mount Vaals. It's only a bit higher then 300 meters.
Holland is known for it's fine waterworks, like the Deltaworks and the dikes (don't think about redlight district now, but about huge walls that stop the water).
Holland is also known to tourists from abroad as the country with the Tulips, the cheese and the wooden shoes. Not much about it is trough. Only some of the famers sometimes wear wooden shoes. Most of the people are people who work in an office and were clothes like suits, or ordinary clothes.
Holland also seems to be known for the drugs and sex especially in Amsterdam. Don't believe it all. Ordinary people here dislike whores and drugs. Someone who uses drugs is to be considered a loser.
In Holland the people speak a lot of languages, cause Holland is very small and only to be spoken in Holland, Belgium, Indonesia (small parts), Suriname and South Africa.Most of the Dutch people speak English, German and French too. I personally can speak, read and write: Dutch, German, French, English, Spanish, Italian (little bit) and Latin (only read and write)
cycling, horseback riding, boat trips and sightseeing. Also: shopping, visiting old cities with musea, theaters etc. more travel advice
Don't take drugs! Especially not from strangers on the street (even coffeeshops are more reliable). Something bad is... more travel advice
- Watch out when you go...
- In Amsterdam: Melkweg...
- Stay at one of the several...
- See All Packing List
sandravdp's Related Pages
Netherlands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A PRACTICAL AND PECULIAR GUIDE TO THE NETHERLANDS!"
- "A Great Place to Live In"
- "the Netherlands - my country on my way"
- "Margaret's Page"
- "Travelling around Holland"
- "Small Country, Big Variety"
- "BICYCLES RULES!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Netherlands
- Hotels in Netherlands
- Transportation in Netherlands
- Nightlife in Netherlands
- Restaurants in Netherlands
- Shopping in Netherlands
- Warnings and Dangers in Netherlands
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Netherlands
- 284 Reviews
- 712 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 20 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Netherlands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Netherlands
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Re: Off the beaten path...."
- Wrote a Review cycling, horseback riding,... in Netherlands Things to Do
- created a Netherlands Travel Page "sandravdp's new Netherlands Page"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Don't take drugs! Especially..."
- Commented on one of Umfufu's Netherlands travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Haarlem Intro, 73 reviews, 164 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 75 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brugge Intro, 11 reviews, 117 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orléans Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rotterdam Intro, 15 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Varanasi Intro, 38 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nantes Intro, 30 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Indonesia Intro, 51 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montpellier Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (202)
Top Netherlands hotels
- Amsterdam Hotels
- 10135 Reviews - 21209 Photos
- Leiden Hotels
- 611 Reviews - 1423 Photos
- Valkenburg Hotels
- 240 Reviews - 537 Photos
- Maastricht Hotels
- 1266 Reviews - 3255 Photos
- Utrecht Hotels
- 632 Reviews - 1496 Photos
- The Hague Hotels
- 1244 Reviews - 2876 Photos
- Groningen Hotels
- 433 Reviews - 1074 Photos
- Breda Hotels
- 437 Reviews - 1131 Photos
- Noordwijk aan Zee Hotels
- 78 Reviews - 217 Photos
- Rotterdam Hotels
- 1423 Reviews - 3803 Photos
- Eindhoven Hotels
- 332 Reviews - 976 Photos
- Putten Hotels
- 5 Hotels
- Amersfoort Hotels
- 175 Reviews - 332 Photos
- Arnhem Hotels
- 380 Reviews - 1180 Photos
- Apeldoorn Hotels
- 248 Reviews - 1031 Photos