"Kavarskas and other saint places" Kavarskas by Redule
Kavarskas Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 14 photos
So far it's the highest cross in Lithuania (21 m) built in 1936.
Kavarskas is near the river Sventoji that means the Saint River.
There are st. John's springs in Kavarskas, people say their waters are healing.
However the name Kavarskas does not sound saint. Once, several ages ago, the Count Astikas betrayed the country to Russians and was hanged in Vilnius. Pani Kowarski, who owned the lands after Astikas has made nothing of the kind (or we don't know), however exactly his name is used in swearwords.
Neobarogue neoclassic brick church. Built in 1887 by Leonas Daumantas. Near the healing st. John's spring... Beautiful... more travel advice
Redule's Related Pages
Kavarskas Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kavarskas
- 9 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kavarskas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kavarskas
Top 10 Pages
- Lithuania Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Meteora Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos
- Athens Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Varena Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mycenae Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Thessaloniki Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Kavarskas Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Greece Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Antalya Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos