"Badaling - Great Wall & Ming Tombs" Top 5 Page for this destination Badalingzhen by victorwkf
Badalingzhen Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 185 photos
The Great Wall of China is one of the greatest monument in the world and the only man-made structure which can be seen in space. A visit to China will not be complete without visiting the Great Wall of China, and the great wall at Badaling area is one of the most easily accessible sections which is just about 2 hours outside Beijing.
Let me share with you some photos and experiences of my trip to the Badaling great wall in October 2006. I also visited the nearby tombs of the Ming dynasty emperors, which usually comes together with the great wall for a day trip. Hope the information and photos will be useful to you.
This photograph is taken on the great wall and it shows the mountainous terrain of the surroundings. It was really difficult building the great wall and many people lost their lives building this amazing monument of history.
This photograph shows the beautiful Soul Tower of the Chang Ling Ming Dynasty tomb, one of the 13 tombs of the various emperors of the Ming Dynasty in China. This attraction is located near to the Badaling section of the great wall.
- Pros:Famous ancient monuments & beautiful mountain scenery
- Cons:Touristy and crowded during peak seasons
- In a nutshell:There is a Chinese saying "You are not a hero if you have not visited Great Wall of China"
There is a statue of Emperor Zhu Di of the Ming Dynasty within the Hall of Eminent Favour at Chang Ling. In fact, Chang... more travel advice
The Baoding is a small hill which buries Emperor Zhu Di of the Ming Dynasty. It is located behind the Soul Tower and is... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Badalingzhen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Badaling - Great Wall & Ming Tombs"
- "Mutianyu Great Wall page"
- "Badaling in 1988"
- "Badaling - where Wall meets Mall"
- "Easiest access to the Great Wall"
- "The Great Wall at Badaling"
- "The Great Wall"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Badalingzhen
- Hotels in Badalingzhen
- Transportation in Badalingzhen
- Restaurants in Badalingzhen
- Shopping in Badalingzhen
- Warnings and Dangers in Badalingzhen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Badalingzhen
- 30 Reviews
- 146 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (159)
Have you been to Badalingzhen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Badalingzhen
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Architecture of Ming Tombs (Chang Ling)"
- created a Badalingzhen Travelogue "Architecture of Ming Tombs (Chang Ling)"
- Wrote a Review Chang Ling: Statue of Emperor Zhu Di in Badalingzhen Things to Do
- Commented on one of srichmond's Badalingzhen travel pages
Photos in BadalingzhenSee All Photos (146)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues