Kunming Favorite Tips by victorwkf
Kunming Favorites: 78 reviews and 88 photos
With Mr Xian at Kunming, China
Favorite thing: I would like to thank Mr Xian Feng for bringing us around Kunming and the nearby attractions nearby such as Stone Forest and Jiuxiang Caves. Mr Xian is a friendly local and has given me a good impression of the Yunnan people.
Favorite thing: If you have reached the Dragon's Gate (Longmen), you should touch the stone ball on top of the gate's entrance with both hands as it is supposed to bring you good luck according to the local customs.
Shopping at Kunming, China
Favorite thing: I particularly enjoyed shopping at Carrefour in Kunming's central shopping area during the weekend. Lots of cheap stuff to buy, but rather crowded as expected during the weekend.
Bicycles & motorcycles in Kunming, China
Favorite thing: Compared to other cities in China I have been, there are not so many bicycles in Kunming and the traffic is comparatively OK. Furthermore, Kunming is cleaner compared to other China cities I have visited.
Favorite thing: Beijing Street is perhaps the longest street in Kunming, and one of the city's major streets. You can find lots of shopping, roadside stores, skyscrapers etc. If you explore the side lanes, there are many stores selling various types of merchandise.
Women in Bai costumes, Kunming, China
Favorite thing: Sometimes you can see roadside foodstore sellers in traditional costumes, such as these 2 young ladies in the Bai tribe costumes selling a very tasty local food in Jinxin Bazaar.
Horticulture Expo in Kunming, Yunnan
Favorite thing: This is one of the place you must visit in Kunming as the 2000 International Horticulture Expo was held here. There are plenty of beautiful flowers, monuments, trees etc, and you could catch the locals learning martial arts if you are here during Sunday.
Feeding the seagulls at Kunming, China
Favorite thing: I particularly enjoyed feeding the seagulls at Cuihu Park. Actually I was lucky to be in Kunming at the right time to see the seagulls in November, which were by the thousands at the lakes. A lot of people and tourists also enjoyed feeding bread to these birds.
Autumn colours of Kunming, China
Favorite thing: Although Kunming has mild weather throughout the year, you can still see some trees such as the maple trees changing colours during the autumn months, such as the one on the photo. A good time to visit Kunming is during Nov to Dec when the weather is cooler and drier.
More Reviews (24)
- Overcrowding at Longmen & Western Hill
- See All Outside of Kunming .....
- See All Central shopping and business area
victorwkf's Related Pages
Kunming Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kunming - the Spring City in the Southwest"
- "Vigi in KUNMING - Sep2003"
- "Sharrie's Kunming Eternal Spring"
- "City of Eternal Spring"
- "Kunming - The Eternal Spring City"
- "Kunming - the spring city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kunming
- Hotels in Kunming
- Transportation in Kunming
- Nightlife in Kunming
- Restaurants in Kunming
- Shopping in Kunming
- Warnings and Dangers in Kunming
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kunming
- 33 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (160)
Have you been to Kunming?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kunming
Photos in KunmingSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues