"Fuyong & Shenzhen - Trip to the Pearl River Delta" Top 5 Page for this destination Shenzhen by victorwkf

Shenzhen Travel Guide: 481 reviews and 1,211 photos

In April 2006, I went on a trip to Fuyong and Shenzhen in China followed by Hong Kong. Fuyong and Shenzhen are located at the famous Pearl River Delta, an area in Guangdong province of China which is directly north of Hong Kong. Because of the close proximity with Hong Kong, the towns and cities of the Pearl River Delta are among the fastest growing in China, especially Shenzhen which has transformed itself from a small town to a modern city within a short time.

My main stay at the Pearl River Delta is in the town of Fuyong where the airport is located. This town is about 1 hour away from Shenzhen and will be the main focus of this VT page, plus I will include some simple information of Shenzhen which I only spend one afternoon. Although Fuyong is a simple and relatively unknown town as compared to Shenzhen, but it gives a better insight into the daily life of a typical small industrial town in southern China. Hope the tips and photographs will be useful to you.

This photograph shows the modern downtown area of Shenzhen, one of the most rapidly growing city in China. There are lots of shopping to do in Shenzhen, but do keep a lookout for pickpockets.

• Pros:Near to Hong Kong, easy transportation, modern
  • Cons:Pollution and crowds, pickpockets in Shenzhen
  • In a nutshell:A good insight into the rapid modernisation of China
  • Last visit to Shenzhen: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 3, 2006

• Sep 8, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Do you think FuYong town is a good place to start the adventure of living in ShenZhen?? I mean, I want to stay there (in fuyong) for 1 or 2 months, while I look for a good apartment in Futian or Luohu, pls your comment it's very important, Thank you

• monrams99's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2009 at 2:05 AM

dongman is cheaper compared to shoppig at lo wu..but beware of pickpocketers I ve stayed there for 2 yrs..its a great place though but the worst part was staying in the BUJI area....

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2009 at 7:42 AM

Hello, Victor! ><>< Thanks for your interesting and detailed description...

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2009 at 4:19 AM

Excellent Shenzhen page with great restaurants tips. Splendid China was one of our favourite tourist attractions in Shenzhen. Really bring back fond memories of our trip there. ~ho & pang

• THLIN's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2008 at 11:51 AM

Everything is good now except my salary is reduced... =)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2007 at 7:42 PM

Interesting page with some beautiful pictures. I am always surprised looking at modern face of China. Well, the next superpower is just growing.

• albaaust's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2006 at 6:24 AM

Soem excellent tips once agian Victor-especially re using the ferry. Unfortunately, we arrive on a Sunday and after 8pm!! : (

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2006 at 3:12 PM

Nice tips on Shenzen. I used to go there quite often, to Bao An airport and Lowu too. There is a Muslim part of town, took a Singaorean customer there as it was Puasa month.

victorwkf

“The world is what we make of it”

Badges & Stats in Shenzhen

Have you been to Shenzhen?

Photos in Shenzhen