"Urumqi - The furthest city from the sea" Top 5 Page for this destination Urumqi by victorwkf

Urumqi Travel Guide: 150 reviews and 348 photos

Part of my China silk road trip in September 2002

I would like to share with all of you some interesting things about my trip to Urumqi as part of my silk road adventure in Sep 2002.

• Pros:Unique culture and landscape
  • Cons:Remote location
  • Last visit to Urumqi: Sep 2002
  • Intro Updated Sep 8, 2007

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2009 at 3:29 AM

I agree the hotel is superb! And the place is nice , although very far......

• iwys's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2008 at 8:52 AM

Thank you for your interesting page, Victor. I really hope that I can spend some time in Urumqi, as I love staying in remote places.

• May 28, 2008 at 7:48 AM

I visited the geographical cente of the Asian continent in May 2008. It was definitely worth a visit although it was off the beaten path. The structure is beautiful and there were descriptions of all the Asian countries surrounding the iconic structure.

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2007 at 4:36 PM

A very interesting and informative page, Victor. Maybe one day I'll get to this remote region!

• Carmanah's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2007 at 10:32 AM

Thanks for sharing your experiences in Urumqi! I'd love to visit Xinjiang province one day, and all I knew about Urumqi was its distance from the ocean. Now I know more about it. :)

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2006 at 2:51 PM

Your pages are really impressive! Was offered a job travelling to Urumqi, but then the sponsorship dried up so will have to wait. Spent 6 weeks in Issikul Lake back in 1991 on the other side of the Teinshan. and really love that region and people.Tim

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2006 at 1:39 PM

We enjoyed your Urumqi page. Now we know where the center fof Asia is!

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2005 at 7:11 PM

Victor, you travel to the most unusual places! I hope to make it here one day..

• babar_1's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2003 at 6:25 AM

A nice little but informative page for those planning to visit Urumqi.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2003 at 7:20 AM

I am happy to be the first one to comment on this fine page! Very well done!

victorwkf

“The world is what we make of it”

Badges & Stats in Urumqi