"Hakone: Lake Ashi, Mount Fuji & More" Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen by victorwkf
Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Travel Guide: 200 reviews and 772 photos
Hakone is a very beautiful area to the south of Tokyo (about 3 hours by train by bus) which should be explored when you are in Tokyo. For a relaxing trip there, I would suggest 3 days to see all the sights at a leisurely pace.
The most prominent natural wonders of Hakone would be the beautiful Lake Ashi, good views of Mount Fuji (highest mountain in Japan), surrounding mountains and the hot springs at Owakudani.
Let me share with you information and photos of the Hakone area, which hopefully will be useful to you.
I stayed at the beautiful lakeside town of Moto-hakone when I was in the Hakone area during November 2006. This is a very nice place with good views of Mount Fuji, which I would recommend you to stay especially in autumn where the foliage colours are very beautiful.
There are many interesting tourist attractions at the Hakone region surrounding Lake Ashi, including the tranquil Hakone Shrine shown in this photograph. More tips and photos are coming up from time to time, so do lookout for the updates.
- Pros:Beautiful lake, mountains, Mount Fuji, ancient shrine etc
- Cons:The attractions are rather touristy and crowded
- In a nutshell:The Hakone area is not to be missed as it is very beautiful and relaxing
When you are at the Moto-hakone bus terminal and Hakone Sightseeing Cruise jetty, there is a small roadside store... more travel advice
Here are some beautiful photographs of Lake Ashi and surroundings taken on board the Hakone Sightseeing Cruise. The... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hakone: Lake Ashi, Mount Fuji & More"
- "The Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park & Mount Fuji"
- "The Izu Peninsula"
- "Fuji Hakone National Park"
- "Mount Fuji"
- "Mount Fuji and Vicinity"
- "Mountain and lake"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen
- Hotels in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen
- Transportation in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen
- Nightlife in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen
- Restaurants in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen
- Shopping in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen
- Warnings and Dangers in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen
- 45 Reviews
- 234 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (160)
Have you been to Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- Commented on one of y_lyn's Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen travel pages
- updated a Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Travel Page "Hakone: Lake Ashi, Mount Fuji & More"
- Wrote a Review Grill squids at Moto-hakone in Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Grill squids at Moto-hakone"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues