"St John's - Oldest City in North America" Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's by victorwkf

St. John's Travel Guide: 337 reviews and 840 photos

St John's is the capital of Newfoundland province in Canada and it is the most easterly city in the North American continent. It is also the oldest city in North America.

St John's has the laid back atmosphere with friendly people, interesting sights and beautiful scenery. However, it is also very windy and foggy at times. Let me share with you information and photos of my visit to St John's which I hope you will find useful.

This photograph is taken while exploring the streets of St John's. The city is laid on a slope so it is a good form of exercise while exploring it. The weather is very cold during late autumn to winter so be prepared. Snowfall usual happens from late December onwards.

Also, the houses here are very colourful (see my VT travelogue on this page for more photos of the colourful houses).

• Pros:Old and historical city of North America, friendly people
  • Cons:The fog and strong wind from the Atlantic Ocean
  • In a nutshell:Small but interesting city
  • Last visit to St. John's: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 18, 2006

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2010 at 7:07 AM

Lovely page. If I do a Canadian Cruise next Spring, I will be here.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2008 at 12:28 AM

an excellent page and great pics, thanks for sharing them Victor !

• hsm's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2006 at 6:13 AM

Excellent pictures and descriptions. A job, well done.

• imstress's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2006 at 12:43 AM

Have you been to St John Island in sg? This St John is so beautiful!

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2006 at 7:04 PM

Victor, Hubby and I are looking for a long-distance place to fly to in the fall. Looks like Canada might be a good place.

• Mar 5, 2006 at 8:40 AM

Nice page! I'm glad to see you were able to see St. John's. I'm not sure what date you were there, but I was probably there at the same time :-)

victorwkf

“The world is what we make of it”

Badges & Stats in St. John's

Have you been to St. John's?

Latest Activity in St. John's