"Oman - The Essence of Arabia" Top 5 Page for this destination Oman by victorwkf
Oman Travel Guide: 1,289 reviews and 3,344 photos
What is Oman like, you may ask?
To answer the question, the photograph above taken by me in Jan 2005 is a good description of Oman. Let me explain below:
Oman is a very modern country (as represented by the Crowne Plaza Hotel on top of the hill) but yet it is deep into its Islamic tradition (as represented by the traditional clothings of the man and woman walking along the beach). Oman is also a country with beautiful scenery, and nice beaches as well as with a long coastline (see photo).
However, what cannot be seen from the photograph above are the friendly and honest people of Oman, as well as the sound and smell of the famous souqs, taste of the abundant seafood etc.
Oman is also a land of many misconceptions e.g. terrorism, nothing to see, safety, hygiene, language barrier etc. Contrary to all these, Oman is one of the safest and cleanest country in the world, and most of the people here can communicate in English well. It is also a very diverse land with mountains, forts, monuments, oasis, rivers, desert, beautiful coast etc etc.
Let me share with you my wonderful experiences & photographs of Oman in this VT page. Hope they will persuade you to explore this interesting country in Arabia !
Besides this main VT page on Oman which I will update regularly, I have also constructed VT pages on various areas of Oman to give more indepth information on each of these areas e.g. Muscat, Sur, Jabrin, Bahla etc etc. Do drop by these VT pages for more information & photographs.
- Pros:Beautiful scenery, friendly people, safe, full of culture etc
- Cons:Hot weather during summer months, relatively expensive
- In a nutshell:This is definitely one of Arabia's best kept secrets
The port city of Muscat is the capital of Oman, and there are lots of things to see and do in this city. Muscat remains... more travel advice
The citizens of some countries are required to apply for visa before entering Oman while some are required to apply for... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Oman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oman - The Essence of Arabia"
- "Oman . . My Home of Three Years"
- "Beautiful Oman"
- "Eid Mubarak"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oman
- Hotels in Oman
- Transportation in Oman
- Nightlife in Oman
- Restaurants in Oman
- Shopping in Oman
- Warnings and Dangers in Oman
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oman
- 233 Reviews
- 513 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Oman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oman
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues