"Singapore - My Homeland" Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore by victorwkf

Singapore Travel Guide: 11,464 reviews and 26,731 photos

Singapore is a small and modern island of about 4 million people which is located at an important maritime position in South East Asia along the busy Straits of Malacca. The country gain ed independence from the British and seperate from Malaysia on 9th Aug 1965 and has never looked back since. The main ethnic groups in Singapore are the Chinese (about 70%), Malays and Indians.

Other than the usual tourist attractions in Singapore, I will try to share with you some of the interesting places and things to see in Singapore which you may not find in other VT pages. In fact, I have added several VT sub-pages on various interesting areas of Singapore, including Changi, Mount Faber, Punggol, Pulau Ubin etc.

Hope you would find the information in my VT Singapore page and sub-pages on various locations in Singapore useful, and perhaps you can rate them or give your comments. Thanks & hope you enjoy your trip to Singapore if you are coming.

The beautiful black and white photograph shown was taken at Sungei Buloh Nature Park, one of the few natural areas remaining on the island. Being in the tropics, Singapore has more flora & fauna than many big countries even though it is a small island. Thanks to the government & people, there are now more conservation projects going on, such as Sungei Buloh Nature Park, Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, Central Catchment Area, Labrador Park etc.

This is a photograph of me at the Changi Beach, which is located near to the Changi Airport. This is a very popular beach for the locals, especially during the weekends. More information and photographs are at my VT Changi Beach Park page as well as VT Changi Village page.

• Pros:Modern, safe, clean, English commonly spoken, fantastic food
  • Cons:Strict regulations, hot and humid weather
  • In a nutshell:It will be an experience which you will remember!
  • Intro Updated Mar 31, 2007

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2010 at 10:26 AM

an interesting page and great pics and a lot of updates here since my last visit of this page, Victor ! And now that I have been to Singapor in 2009 it brought back some great memories as well !

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2010 at 4:35 AM

I've just had a look at your Things to Do tips and I especially like your suggestion about visiting the local Housing Development Board (HDB) residential estates to experience how Singaporeans live. But I'm sure I would also go to the Dolphin Lagoon.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Enjoyed your additional tips of the Flyer....Excellent page of Singapore. One of my fav cities. So convenient and clean. SL :)

• meiyergani's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Singapore was always fascinating for Indonesian peoples, a place for shopping, week end and modernity

• Jun 29, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Hi Victor. Enjoyed your photos and tips on Singapore my husband and i will be visiting on 26th March to 30th March 2010 via Australia and we are really looking forward to it

• Nov 3, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Hi Victor, has this hotel undergone a name change? cant find it on the web, do you know if it has a web site? cheers Supercattonk

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2008 at 4:52 PM

I will be visiting Singapore next month... the Flyer will be a new experience for me!

• Redang's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2008 at 9:43 PM

So, you will visit Canada?, you won't regret; thanks for your comments

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2008 at 1:05 AM

wonderful pages

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2008 at 2:00 AM

Hi, Victor! Your pages are fascinating! I admire your travels! *** Greetings to the glorious SG!

victorwkf

“The world is what we make of it”

Badges & Stats in Singapore

• 1,864 Photos

Have you been to Singapore?

Latest Activity in Singapore