Central & Eastern Thailand Off The Beaten Path Tips by victorwkf Top 5 Page for this destination
Central & Eastern Thailand Off The Beaten Path: 7 reviews and 10 photos
Boat cruise at Ayuthaya, Thailand
Take a relaxing boat cruise at Ayuthaya and you will experience the tranquility and simple lifestyle of the people here. Ayuthaya is an ancient city located about 1 hour north of Bangkok and is a must visit when in Thailand.
Monorail train system, Bangkok, Thailand
Try the monorail transport system which started operation in Dec 1999. Although it is not very impressive compared to those in other cities, this is a chance to experience the local lifestyle and to beat the notorous traffic jams. However, the ticket fare is rather expensive, so you will noticed not many people are using it.
Victory Monument, Bangkok, Thailand
The Victory Monument is an impressive landmark in North eastern Bangkok. Do have a look when you pass by the area.
Vimanmek Mansion, Bangkok, Thailand
Dusit Palace and Vimanmek Mansion are places you should visit although they may not be in your itenary. The Dusit Palace is very big and is located in northern Bangkok near the zoo. Within the Dusit Palace is the Vimanmek Mansion (see photo), the largest teak building in the world. The mansion and its surroundings showcases the interesting history of Thailand's monarchy, and the Dusit Palace and it's big landscape surroundings is a very good place for relaxation in busy Bangkok.
More Reviews (18)
- See All Various seasons
- See All Thai Boxing
- See All Temples, temples, temples
- See All Scams
victorwkf's Related Pages
Central & Eastern Thailand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Central Thailand: all the water you want and more"
- "Bangkok and beyond"
- "Bangkok & Ayuthaya - Region of Temples and Culture"
- "Koh Mak, Koh Kham & Koh Rayang in seven days"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Central & Eastern Thailand
- Hotels in Central & Eastern Thailand
- Transportation in Central & Eastern Thailand
- Nightlife in Central & Eastern Thailand
- Restaurants in Central & Eastern Thailand
- Shopping in Central & Eastern Thailand
- Warnings and Dangers in Central & Eastern Thailand
- See All...
Explore the World
- Norra Kvill National Park
- Belleek Hotels
- Swansea Hotels
- Björkholmen Hotels
- Tak Hotels
- Garretstown and the Old head of Kinsale.
- Dubrovnik Off The Beaten Path
- Alki Point
- Augustine Monastery
- DownTown Jiddah
- Street market in Porta Palazzo
- Olongapo City Off The Beaten Path
- Kathmandu Off The Beaten Path
- Chernivtsi Off The Beaten Path
- El Salvador Off The Beaten Path
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Off The Beaten Path
- Gastonia Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Central & Eastern Thailand
- 37 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Central & Eastern Thailand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Central & Eastern Thailand
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visit to Ayuthaya"
- Commented on one of pattayaraj's Central & Eastern Thailand travel pages
- updated a Central & Eastern Thailand Travel Page "Bangkok & Ayuthaya - Region of Temples and Culture"
- Wrote a Review Various seasons in Central & Eastern Thailand Local Customs
Photos in Central & Eastern ThailandSee All Photos (61)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (99)
Top Central & Eastern Thailand hotels
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10207 Reviews - 22521 Photos
- Pattaya Hotels
- 914 Reviews - 2280 Photos
- Hua Hin Hotels
- 586 Reviews - 1118 Photos
- Ko Samet Hotels
- 247 Reviews - 621 Photos
- Ko Chang Hotels
- 224 Reviews - 561 Photos
- Kanchanaburi Hotels
- 462 Reviews - 1329 Photos
- Rayong Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 64 Photos
- Cha-am Hotels
- 99 Reviews - 279 Photos
- Prachuap Khiri Khan Hotels
- 38 Reviews - 74 Photos
- Phetchaburi Hotels
- 73 Reviews - 321 Photos
- Trat Hotels
- 22 Reviews - 48 Photos
- Lop Buri Hotels
- 85 Reviews - 308 Photos
- Ayuthaya Hotels
- 688 Reviews - 2161 Photos
- Samut Sakhon Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 5 Photos
- Ko Man Nok Hotels
- See nearby hotels