"Manila - Capital of the Philippines" Top 5 Page for this destination City of Manila by victorwkf

City of Manila Travel Guide: 3,143 reviews and 8,895 photos

I visited the city of Manila in May 2006 to attend working meeting and took the opportunity to visit this interesting city and surroundings such as Tagaytay and Villa Escudero thanks to arrangements by Cielo (VT member jasmine_trias). In Nov 2007, I went to Manila again to attend another meeting and managed to visit the Makati area as well as go for a day trip to Corregidor Island thanks to advice from Jing (VT member yellowbell).

The visits to Manila were enriching experiences for me, especially learning about the history, culture and some major attractions here. Let me share with you the experiences and photos of my trip, which hopefully will be useful to you.

The Philippines Airlines is the national carrier and one of its planes is shown here at the Ninoy Aquino Airport, which is the major national airport in Manila while the domestic airport is a short distance away.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Cielo (VT member Cielo_Algaeed) and the staff of her former tour company, Regent Travel (http://www.regenttravel.com.ph) for helping me to organise my enjoyable land trip in the Philippines. Besides Manila, I also visited Tagaytay, Talisay, Taal Lake & Volcano as well as Villa Escudero. All these places are featured in my VT Tagaytay, Talisay and Quezon province pages so do drop by to have a look.

• Pros:Colourful and lively city
  • Cons:Security and pollution
  • In a nutshell:The heart and soul of the Philippines
  • Last visit to City of Manila: Nov 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 9, 2007

• asianbelle's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2009 at 4:56 AM

thanks for visiting my pagsanjan page. you should include it in your next manila visit.

• nimato's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2007 at 5:05 AM

Hi Victor! I agree with your tip on Manila Bay and Roxas Boulevard. That scenic area of Manila is my favorite!.. Overall your Manila page is very informative. Thanks for sharing them here. :)

• imstress's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2006 at 8:57 AM

I do hope to visit manila where some of my vt friends are. thanks for sharing with us.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2006 at 3:24 PM

Nice tips of Manila. Bring back memories. Cheers, SL

victorwkf

“The world is what we make of it”

Badges & Stats in City of Manila

Have you been to City of Manila?

Latest Activity in City of Manila