"Manila - Capital of the Philippines" Top 5 Page for this destination City of Manila by victorwkf
City of Manila Travel Guide: 3,076 reviews and 8,735 photos
I visited the city of Manila in May 2006 to attend working meeting and took the opportunity to visit this interesting city and surroundings such as Tagaytay and Villa Escudero thanks to arrangements by Cielo (VT member jasmine_trias). In Nov 2007, I went to Manila again to attend another meeting and managed to visit the Makati area as well as go for a day trip to Corregidor Island thanks to advice from Jing (VT member yellowbell).
The visits to Manila were enriching experiences for me, especially learning about the history, culture and some major attractions here. Let me share with you the experiences and photos of my trip, which hopefully will be useful to you.
The Philippines Airlines is the national carrier and one of its planes is shown here at the Ninoy Aquino Airport, which is the major national airport in Manila while the domestic airport is a short distance away.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Cielo (VT member Cielo_Algaeed) and the staff of her former tour company, Regent Travel (http://www.regenttravel.com.ph) for helping me to organise my enjoyable land trip in the Philippines. Besides Manila, I also visited Tagaytay, Talisay, Taal Lake & Volcano as well as Villa Escudero. All these places are featured in my VT Tagaytay, Talisay and Quezon province pages so do drop by to have a look.
- Pros:Colourful and lively city
- Cons:Security and pollution
- In a nutshell:The heart and soul of the Philippines
Christmas is one of the best season to visit Manila because there will be lots of decorations, shopping sales and other... more travel advice
The Manila Bay waterfront area along Roxas Boulevard and the Cultural Centre of the Philippines (CCP) is perhaps one of... more travel advice
- See All Renaissance Makati City Hotel (Part 2)
- See All Shopping at international airport...
- See All Major Attractions around Manila
victorwkf's Related Pages
City of Manila Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Home Sweet Home"
- "Manila - Capital of the Philippines"
- "Simply no place like home, Manila!"
- "Manila and more"
- "take a deep breath, open your eyes"
- "Exploring Metro Manila"
- See All...
- Things to Do in City of Manila
- Hotels in City of Manila
- Transportation in City of Manila
- Nightlife in City of Manila
- Restaurants in City of Manila
- Shopping in City of Manila
- Warnings and Dangers in City of Manila
- See All...
Explore the World
- Victoria Hotels
- Old Orchard Beach Hotels
- Oklahoma City Hotels
- Lake Memphremagog Hotels
- Pulau Batam
- Province of Quebec
- Paraguay Hotels
- Hat Yai
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Wisconsin Dells
- Las Vegas
- Puerto Rico
- Peschiera del Garda
- Mount Tamalpais State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in City of Manila
- 46 Reviews
- 185 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to City of Manila?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in City of Manila
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- Commented on one of Dreks's City of Manila travel pages
- Wrote a Review Christmas Season at Manila in City of Manila Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Christmas Season at Manila"
- updated a City of Manila Travel Page "Manila - Capital of the Philippines"
Photos in City of ManilaSee All Photos (185)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues