"Mongolia - Land of Genghis Khan" Top 5 Page for this destination Mongolia by victorwkf
Mongolia Travel Guide: 1,166 reviews and 3,874 photos
On July 2004, I visited the beautiful and interesting land of Mongolia. Many hundred of years ago, the Mongolian empire was the biggest empire the world had ever seen, and there is still no empire bigger than that ever since.
Mongolia is a very big country with a population of just about 2.5 million people. The landscape is mainly grassland, mountains and desert. The lifestyle here is still very simple and most of the people still lead a nomadic lifestyle just like the ancient times.
My VT page on Mongolia will be updated periodically, so do look out for the updates. Hope you will find the information useful, and perhaps you can give your comments and ratings. Thanks.
There are 14 people in my travel group from Singapore and I truely enjoyed this trip with them! Also special thanks to our tour leader, Sammy as well as our Mongolian guides Zolzaya, Yanjiv and Artma. Also special thanks to our drivers, Battulga (former Mongolian wrestler) and Laikhansuren.
What I like about Mongolia is the beautiful landscape with wide open spaces, blue sky, friendly people and the fact that it remains a very traditional and nomadic place even til this modern era. It is a good getaway from the modern and busy city life, even though things are basic without much luxuries. Overall, I truely enjoyed my trip to Mongolia and would recommend it to anyone who seeks to know "what is someone else doing in another part of the world which is very different from mine".
- Pros:Vast land with beautiful scenery and interesting culture
- Cons:Do not expect too much in terms of luxury
- In a nutshell:Truely an unique & memorable experience
Bayangobi is a very beautiful place near to the ancient town of Karakorum. There are many different types of landscape... more travel advice
Our tour leader, Sammy, is a very good tour leader who took care of the group very well. He even managed to help us safe... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Mongolia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saagar's Mongolia info"
- "Mongolia - Land of Genghis Khan"
- "Mongolia, land of the blue sky"
- "Jostling and Jolting Through Mongolia"
- "Mongolia : Simply & Unmaterialistic World"
- "MONGOLIA * MONGOLIE * MONGOLIA"
- "Some Mongolian pictures, more to come"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mongolia
- Hotels in Mongolia
- Transportation in Mongolia
- Nightlife in Mongolia
- Restaurants in Mongolia
- Shopping in Mongolia
- Warnings and Dangers in Mongolia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mongolia
- 88 Reviews
- 217 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (160)
Have you been to Mongolia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mongolia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues