"Mongolia - Land of Genghis Khan" Top 5 Page for this destination Mongolia by victorwkf

Mongolia Travel Guide: 1,090 reviews and 3,386 photos

On July 2004, I visited the beautiful and interesting land of Mongolia. Many hundred of years ago, the Mongolian empire was the biggest empire the world had ever seen, and there is still no empire bigger than that ever since.

Mongolia is a very big country with a population of just about 2.5 million people. The landscape is mainly grassland, mountains and desert. The lifestyle here is still very simple and most of the people still lead a nomadic lifestyle just like the ancient times.

My VT page on Mongolia will be updated periodically, so do look out for the updates. Hope you will find the information useful, and perhaps you can give your comments and ratings. Thanks.

There are 14 people in my travel group from Singapore and I truely enjoyed this trip with them! Also special thanks to our tour leader, Sammy as well as our Mongolian guides Zolzaya, Yanjiv and Artma. Also special thanks to our drivers, Battulga (former Mongolian wrestler) and Laikhansuren.

What I like about Mongolia is the beautiful landscape with wide open spaces, blue sky, friendly people and the fact that it remains a very traditional and nomadic place even til this modern era. It is a good getaway from the modern and busy city life, even though things are basic without much luxuries. Overall, I truely enjoyed my trip to Mongolia and would recommend it to anyone who seeks to know "what is someone else doing in another part of the world which is very different from mine".

• Pros:Vast land with beautiful scenery and interesting culture
  • Cons:Do not expect too much in terms of luxury
  • In a nutshell:Truely an unique & memorable experience
  • Last visit to Mongolia: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 10, 2004

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2009 at 7:52 AM

I would like to visit Mongolia too some day...

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2007 at 11:44 AM

Wonderful page!!! I hope to visit it one day!!!

• zlatiq's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2007 at 12:38 PM

oh, staying in a ger seems an incredible experience!do u think i should arrange that before getting into mongolia or i can do it from ualnbataar?thanks for the tips!i had so much fun!

• alusru's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2006 at 12:27 PM

Everywhere in Mongolia is Off the beaten path :o) Oh, you didn't like the taste of Airag? I loved it and had it often. I want to come back one day and see the Gobi and the East of Mongolia.

• radigan's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2006 at 5:51 AM

Great photos, especially of the ovoo and inside the opera theatre.

• wcph's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2005 at 8:08 PM

Outstanding page - your tips are useful for planning coming trip. Happy Travels!

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2005 at 8:05 PM

fabulous! you have a taste for adventure. :D

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2005 at 7:14 PM

A super page on this very Off the Beaten Track destination. Especially great local custom tips. It would be fantastic to go horseback riding in Mongolia!

• jamiesno's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2004 at 4:55 PM

Victor I am quickly learning you have some great pages, it's going to take me a while but I'll be trying my best to see them all. Nepal was great and this Mongolia one is too. Cheers from brrrr Labrador, Canada :-)

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2004 at 1:49 AM

A nice and interestig page. I come back!

victorwkf

“The world is what we make of it”

Badges & Stats in Mongolia

Have you been to Mongolia?

Latest Activity in Mongolia