"Delhi - A City Full of History and Monuments" Top 5 Page for this destination Union Territory of Delhi by victorwkf
Union Territory of Delhi Travel Guide: 2,930 reviews and 6,988 photos
Delhi is a historical city and the current capital city of India. The historical cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur form the famous "Golden Triangle" of India and a major tourist attraction with the many ancient monuments.
Delhi itself is famous for many historical attractions, including the Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Birla Temple, Qutb Minar, Humayun's Tomb, Chandni Chowk, India Gate, Parliament Buildings, Raj Ghat etc etc.
I will share with you information and photographs of my trip to Delhi (Dec 2007 to January 2008). Hope you will find the information and photos useful, and perhaps give some comments and ratings :)
The Red Fort in Delhi is an UNESCO World Heritage Site and a must visit when you are at Delhi. The buildings inside the fort are full of history, from the ancient times till the independence of India from the British Empire.
Delhi is a historical city full of monuments and attractions which needs at least several days to cover all of them. Due to time constraint, my wife and I only visited the following attractions in January 2008:
- Red Fort
- India Gate
- Parliament House
- Chadni Chowk
- Qutb Minar
- Birla Temple
We did not visit some of the attractions (see below) but would do so if we were to visit Delhi again in the future:
- Humayun's Tomb
- Jama Masjid
- Purana Qila
- Raj Ghat
- Lotus Temple
- Jantar Mantar
- Rashtrapati Bhawan (Viceroy Palace)
- ..... and other attractions :)
- Pros:City full of history, culture and impressive monuments
- Cons:Bad and noisy traffic, dusty air, chaotic streets, touts
- In a nutshell:This is a good city to have the India experience
When you are in Delhi, you will notice that there are many traditional cars such as the one shown in the photos. These... more travel advice
Delhi is a historical city full of monuments and attractions. Due to time constraint, my wife and I did not visit some... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Union Territory of Delhi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Delhi - A City Full of History and Monuments"
- "DELHI - CITIES UPON CITIES"
- "Wow what a place, disgustingly beautiful."
- "The Capital City of India"
- "National Capital region"
- "OLD DELHI"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Union Territory of Delhi
- Hotels in Union Territory of Delhi
- Transportation in Union Territory of Delhi
- Nightlife in Union Territory of Delhi
- Restaurants in Union Territory of Delhi
- Shopping in Union Territory of Delhi
- Warnings and Dangers in Union Territory of Delhi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Union Territory of Delhi
- 24 Reviews
- 156 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Union Territory of Delhi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Union Territory of Delhi
Photos in Union Territory of DelhiSee All Photos (156)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues