"Beijing - Where Everything is Huge and Grand" Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi by victorwkf

Beijing Shi Travel Guide: 6,755 reviews and 17,470 photos

I have visited Beijing three times so far: in October 2006, July 2004 and April 2008. During the visits, I have limited time for sightseeing so I did not manage to visit some of the famous tourist spots there (Anyway, there are many tourist spots and you have to spend at least a few days to finishing seeing them because they are really huge!).

However, I will try to give you an insight into the attractions and life in Beijing as I have experienced. Hope they will be useful in your trip to Beijing. As for me, I will hope to visit Beijing again as I want to visit all the remaining spots which I have missed out during my 2 visits :)

This VT page will be updated bit by bit due to my busy work nowadays, so do keep a lookout for the updates!

This is a typical city scene at Beijing, which is a very big city which is modernising at a rapid rate. There are many constructions everywhere in this vibrant city, including building of the sports facilities for the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.

• Pros:Many impressive attractions, lively and rapidly growing city
  • Cons:Pollution and bad traffic jams
  • In a nutshell:The evidences of previous great dynasties of China are here
  • Last visit to Beijing Shi: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated May 29, 2008

• yellowbell's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Peking Duck, I love that too. Just don't remember the restaurant but the servers wore traditional Chinese costumes. We had a lot of fun in Singapore, thanks for being a gracious host.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2008 at 11:21 PM

Very impressive indeed, Victor, thanx!

• Daja123's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2007 at 7:00 AM

Absolutely delightful Beijing page. The pics are wonderful. I also visited this place some years ago and I still like to remember it. Thanks Victor so much for your visit to my Vienna page.

• xuessium's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2007 at 7:43 AM

I am actually done with my Beijing page and my photos are up as well, Victor. Gosh, too much work! Ha!

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2007 at 8:22 AM

Your tips and photos are very good and they have really good information to prepare my next China travel

• toni28's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2006 at 12:58 AM

Hi victor, Pecking duck is my hubby's favorite in chineese food, the skin is yummy.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2006 at 4:19 AM

More great tips on Beijing. Bring back memories. Must try the Brazilian barbecue - Beijing style. Great page. Cheers, SL

• albaaust's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2006 at 6:07 AM

Hi Victor thought I would encourage you by rating your tips..btw how does the Taiwan hotel compare to the Crowne Plaza?

victorwkf

“The world is what we make of it”

Badges & Stats in Beijing Shi

Have you been to Beijing Shi?