"Ibaraki - A Visit to a Herbal Medicines Factory" Top 5 Page for this destination Ibaraki-ken by victorwkf
Ibaraki-ken Travel Guide: 207 reviews and 829 photos
Ibaraki is a prefecture which is located North-East of Tokyo, somewhere near the Narita International Airport. This prefecture is "off the beaten path" and seldom visited by tourists which tend to go for the more popular nearby places such as Hakone, Mount Fuji, Nikko etc.
I had a chance to visit Ibaraki Prefecture during my work in Tokyo where I went for a short trip to a herbal medicines factory located. Let me share with you my experiences and photos of Ibaraki, including the herbal medicines factory and its beautiful herbal garden :)
This photograph shows the typical landscape of Ibaraki Prefecture, which consists mainly of flat terrain and many farmland, small towns and rivers.
- Pros:Not touristy and a taste of rural life in Japan, near to Tokyo
- Cons:Not so accessible by transportation unlike major tourist destinations
- In a nutshell:Interesting "off the beaten path" prefecture near to Tokyo & Narita
If you visit Ibaraki during summer like I did, you will be able to see flowers blooming in the countryside, as well as... more travel advice
This photograph shows a typical house at Ibaraki Prefecture, which is of typical Japanese design. more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Ibaraki-ken Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ibaraki - A Visit to a Herbal Medicines Factory"
- "Bamboos, persimmons and vegetable farms"
- "Ibaraki: Cinderella among all Prefectures"
- "The rose of the name"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ibaraki-ken
- Hotels in Ibaraki-ken
- Transportation in Ibaraki-ken
- Nightlife in Ibaraki-ken
- Restaurants in Ibaraki-ken
- Shopping in Ibaraki-ken
- Warnings and Dangers in Ibaraki-ken
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ibaraki-ken
- 20 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Ibaraki-ken?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ibaraki-ken
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- Commented on one of joiwatani's Ibaraki-ken travel pages
- Wrote a Review Blooming flowers and plants in Ibaraki-ken Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Another photograph of houses at Ibaraki"
- created a Ibaraki-ken Travelogue "Visit another herbal medicines factory (in Tokyo)"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues