"Tokyo - Blend of Modern City and Ancient Monuments" Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to by victorwkf
Tokyo-to Travel Guide: 5,357 reviews and 14,484 photos
Latest: My latest visit to Tokyo was in November 2006 and it was a great trip with very nice weather. I will add on new tips and photographs of this trip to the existing ones. Please also visit my Fuji-Hakone VT page with tips and photographs of the scenic Hakone area near to Tokyo, including Mount Fuji and Lake Ashi.
Tokyo is the capital city of Japan and one of the most populated cities in the world. This city is busy, modern, clean and very safe, but at the same time very expensive to visit due to the strong Japanese Yen.
The above photograph of the Zojoji Temple next to the Tokyo Tower is a good illustration of Tokyo. This city is interesting because modern skyscrapers (such as the Tokyo Tower) co-exist with ancient monuments and temples (such as the Zojoji Temple). You will also see ultra modern fashion and ancient culture co-existing in this exciting place.
Let me share with you some experiences and photographs of my trip to Tokyo, which I hope will be useful to you.
This photograph shows the modern skyscrapers of Tokyo around the famous Ginza area. Japan's economy is one of the most powerful in the world, which is a remarkable recovery from World War 2. Travelling in Tokyo is very safe and walking around the city is very enjoyable experience for me.
- Pros:Modern, clean, safe and exciting city
- Cons:Expensive city and language barrier
- In a nutshell:This is the heart and soul of Japanese culture & modernisation
More photos of the beautiful cherry blossom in Tokyo (photos not taken by me, but given by one of my friends). More... more travel advice
One of the advantages of taking the JR rail train from Narita Airport to Tokyo is that you can enjoy nice scenery along... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Tokyo-to Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tokyo - Blend of Modern City and Ancient Monuments"
- "Welcome to Tokyo"
- "My Part Of Town - UENO, TOKYO"
- "A Home away from Home..."
- "If you keen on knowing how a real Tokyo life is?"
- "Tsudoi 2007 (Asean Countries & China)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tokyo-to
- Hotels in Tokyo-to
- Transportation in Tokyo-to
- Nightlife in Tokyo-to
- Restaurants in Tokyo-to
- Shopping in Tokyo-to
- Warnings and Dangers in Tokyo-to
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tokyo-to
- 90 Reviews
- 360 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (160)
Have you been to Tokyo-to?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tokyo-to
- updated a Tokyo-to Travel Page "Tokyo - Blend of Modern City and Ancient Monuments"
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- Wrote a Review Cherry Blossom (Part 2) in Tokyo-to Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cherry Blossom (Part 1)"
- Commented on one of MAUIRADISE's Tokyo-to travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues