"Newfoundland - One of Canada's Last Frontiers" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Newfoundland and Labrador by victorwkf

Newfoundland is perhaps one of the most interesting provinces in Canada which is seldom visited by tourists. For those who venture here, the reward is that you will be able to experience pristine beautiful scenery, very friendly people, interesting history, delicious seafood, tranquil seaside towns etc. During the spring, you may even get to see icebergs off the coast of Newfoundland.

Is Newfoundland really that difficult to explore? Not really if you have proper planning and research, though information is not so easily available on the internet.

Let me share with you information and photos of my first hand visit to Newfoundland, some of which may not be available elsewhere on the internet. Hope you will find them useful, and perhaps give your comments and ratings. If you want more insight into Newfoundland, do check out my VT pages on St John's, Woody Point, Trout River and Deer Lake.

• Pros:Stunning scenery, friendly people, good seafood etc
  • Cons:Off the beaten path, unpredictable transport schedule
  • In a nutshell:One of Canada's best kept secrets
  • Last visit to Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 18, 2006

• May 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM

come for a visit we'd love to have ya bye's

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2012 at 8:59 PM

You had some great photos and some good practical information. As you say its rather remote, though i have had a hankering to see Gros Morne and Terra Nova for a few years now

• Carmanah's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2007 at 11:10 AM

Wow - what an amazing page! Not only am I now craving seafood (esp fish & chips), but I'm trying to find a way to get myself to the other coast of my country. It's somewhere I've always wanted to visit. Great job on the tips!

• Jun 20, 2006 at 5:32 AM

Hi Victor. Loved NFLD myself, I went there on the way to Greenland in 1993 ! Also Nova Scotia and Labrador.

• bobsreturn2004's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2006 at 2:59 PM

I love your pictures of Newfoundland.Every time i open my guide book to plan my trip,I dream of living and working in St johns.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2006 at 9:01 AM

I love the landscapes you portray here - the open ocean is a favourite of mine - nice page!

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2006 at 5:38 AM

Wonderful impressions of an area that might be one of my future wish destinations! Thanks a lot for a fabulous page!

• aka123's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2006 at 5:25 PM

outstanding page, I have a lump in my throat. its realy a beautiful place. good to see our Newfoundland Dog here, very well adapted for our often harsh climate. thank you for sharing, I am very impressed

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2006 at 7:11 PM

Victor, the scenery over here is astounding! Hmm, lobsters and cod tongue??

• Mar 5, 2006 at 8:34 AM

Nice page here! Looks like you got to see a lot of the province. Sorry to see you got fogged while in the St. John's area. It's not always like that, but it sometimes seems that way :-)

victorwkf

“The world is what we make of it”

Badges & Stats in Province of Newfoundland and Labrador

Have you been to Province of Newfoundland and Labrador?