Kals-am Großglockner Favorite Tips by victorwkf
Kals-am Großglockner Favorites: 6 reviews and 16 photos
Photo of me at Grossglockner Road, Austria
Favorite thing: The Grossglockner Road with its stunning scenery all around you can be a photographer's paradise, especially with the modern day digital cameras where you can take many many photos. One important thing to note is that it is cold and windy up here, and therefore the digital camera batteries will run out faster. Always keep your digital camera close to your body when not in use so that your body heat will keep it warm. Also bring additional batteries to avoid disappointment.
Remains of ice during summer, Austria
Favorite thing: During early summer such as June, it is still possible to see and experience ice along the Grossglockner Road, especially at the Haus Alpine Naturschau area (see my VT Haus Alpine Naturschau tip) where you can make a stop at the carpark and enjoy playing in the ice. However, be very careful as the melting ice is very soft and slippery, and may be dirty because other people have been playing with them before you.
Waterfall at the Alps in Austria
Fondest memory: When you are moving along the Grossglockner Road, you will notice there are several waterfalls here, ranging from magnificent ones high up in the mountains (see photo) to smaller waterfalls coming down the side of the mountains.
The best of them all is at another nearby valley called the Krimml Falls (see my VT Krimml page). This is the highest waterfalls in Austria and should not be missed if you are in this part of Austria).
Favorite thing: During summer, you will see lots of alpine flowers of different colours blossoming on the slopes of the mountains. At the Haus Alpine Naturschau area just next to the road, there is an area here with a small section which displays the different types of alpine flowers, including signages which give you information on their species.
Entering the valley, Grossglockner Road, Austria
Favorite thing: After passing by the town of Kaprun, the road will enter the valley and the surrounding green slopes, houses and farmland are very beautiful (you are still at flat ground here). Once you reach the Wildpark and the entrance, the other side lies the snow-capped mountains and it is up-hill from here onwards.
More Reviews (17)
victorwkf's Related Pages
Kals-am Großglockner Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grossglockner Road - Austria's Alpine Country"
- "Austria's Highest Mountain"
- "Grossglockner, the highest mountain in Austria"
- "Fresh air, mountains, great sceneries"
- "Grossglockner Glacier"
- "Leaving the valley !"
- "A journey to the south, stopover Grossglockner..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kals-am Großglockner
- Transportation in Kals-am Großglockner
- Restaurants in Kals-am Großglockner
- Shopping in Kals-am Großglockner
- Warnings and Dangers in Kals-am Großglockner
- See All...
Explore the World
- Cibinong Hotels
- Dongshan Dao Hotels
- South Tampa Hotels
- Bundoran Hotels
- Estado de Oaxaca
- Arroyo Grande
Badges & Stats in Kals-am Großglockner
- 22 Reviews
- 100 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Kals-am Großglockner?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kals-am Großglockner
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- Commented on one of scottishvisitor's Kals-am Großglockner travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Restaurants along Grossglockner Road"
- Wrote a Review Kitzsteinhorn mountain in Kals-am Großglockner Things to Do
- updated a Kals-am Großglockner Travel Page "Grossglockner Road - Austria's Alpine Country"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues