"Grossglockner Road - Austria's Alpine Country" Kals-am Großglockner by victorwkf
Kals-am Großglockner Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 153 photos
The Grossglockner Road is one of the most beautiful alpine roads in Europe. The road starts from the town of Fusch in the Austrian alpine valley and passes through some of the highest snow-capped mountains in Austria, including Grossglockner (highest mountain in Austria at 3798 metres), all the way to the alpine town of Heilingenblut.
The Grossglockner Road is situated within the Hohe Tauren National Park, one of the largest national parks in Europe. Let me share with you some information and photos of my trip to the Grossglockner Road. Hopefully they are useful to you, and perhaps you can give some comments and ratings. Thanks.
This photograph shows the beautiful Grossglockner Glacier which can be seen at the Franz Josefs Hohe viewpoint (which is also the bus terminus of the OBB Postbus number 651 which makes a once a day trip from the town of Zell Am See up the Grossglockner Road).
The mountain scenery along the Grossglockner Road is really breathtaking, including snow-capped mountains, glaciers, waterfalls, alpine lakes etc. This is not to be missed if you are a nature lover and holidaying in Austria.
- Pros:Breathtaking mountains, glaciers, lakes, waterfalls etc
- Cons:Long and winding road, can be windy and cold due to the altitude
- In a nutshell:One of the best alpine roads in Europe
The Kitzsteinhorn is a very famous mountain of the Grossglockner Road. This is because it has a good skiing resort which... more travel advice
During early summer such as June, it is still possible to see and experience ice along the Grossglockner Road,... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Kals-am Großglockner Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grossglockner Road - Austria's Alpine Country"
- "Austria's Highest Mountain"
- "Grossglockner, the highest mountain in Austria"
- "Fresh air, mountains, great sceneries"
- "Grossglockner Glacier"
- "Leaving the valley !"
- "A journey to the south, stopover Grossglockner..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kals-am Großglockner
- Transportation in Kals-am Großglockner
- Restaurants in Kals-am Großglockner
- Shopping in Kals-am Großglockner
- Warnings and Dangers in Kals-am Großglockner
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kals-am Großglockner
- 22 Reviews
- 100 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Kals-am Großglockner?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kals-am Großglockner
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- Commented on one of scottishvisitor's Kals-am Großglockner travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Restaurants along Grossglockner Road"
- Wrote a Review Kitzsteinhorn mountain in Kals-am Großglockner Things to Do
- updated a Kals-am Großglockner Travel Page "Grossglockner Road - Austria's Alpine Country"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues