"Sankt Wolfgang - Stunning Salzkammergut Sceneries" Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut by victorwkf
Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut Travel Guide: 140 reviews and 326 photos
The charming and relaxing town of St Wolfgang is located next to the Wolfgangsee lake, on the foot of the Schafberg mountain (see my VT Schafberg page). This entire region is known as the Salzkammergut, a beautiful land east of Salzburg with green mountains, several beautiful lakes dotted with idyllic Austrian towns.
Essentially, a visit to St Wolfgang and surroundings is a true experience of the beautiful countryside landscape of Austria. It is very easy to get to St Wolfgang as it is relatively near to Salzburg, and this place is a must visit when you are in Austria.
My wife and I truely enjoyed our visit to St Wolfgang, I have some information and photographs which hopefully will be useful to you.
The Salzkammergut area is full of beautiful lakes. This combines with majestic mountains, beautiful and clean lakeside towns make it a dreamland. This is an ideal getaway for romance as well as for family activities.
The countryside scenery of St Wolfgang and the Salzkammergut are one of the most beautiful in Europe. In fact, the Salzkammergut area is listed under one of UNESCO's World Heritage Sites, which is a tribute to the sheer beauty of this region of Austria.
- Pros:Majestic mountains, beautiful lakes and towns, relaxing atmosphere
- Cons:Unpredictable weather, can be touristy during peak season
- In a nutshell:This is an incredible region in Austria which you must visit when you are at the country
If you are planning to get souvenirs of St Wolfgang, there are some souvenir shops at the town centre area near to the... more travel advice
While you are at St Wolfgang, you will be able to see swans and many ducks swimming in the beautiful Wolfgangsee lake.... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seamandrew's Sankt Wolfgang Page"
- "Sankt Wolfgang - Stunning Salzkammergut Sceneries"
- "Sankt Wolfgang"
- "It's clear - one of my top 5 destination to relax"
- "Lakeside Meeting of VT friends : -))"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- Hotels in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- Transportation in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- Nightlife in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- Restaurants in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- Shopping in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- Warnings and Dangers in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- 31 Reviews
- 120 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- Commented on one of codrutz's Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Im Weissen Rossl (White Horse Inn)"
- updated a Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut Travel Page "Sankt Wolfgang - Stunning Salzkammergut Sceneries"
- Wrote a Review Souvenir shops at St Wolfgang in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut Shopping
Photos in Sankt Wolfgang im SalzkammergutSee All Photos (120)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues