"Zell Am See - Beautiful Town with Lake & Mountains" Top 5 Page for this destination Zell am See by victorwkf

Zell am See Travel Guide: 112 reviews and 442 photos

Part of my honeymoon in June 2007

Zell Am See is a town located in the Alps region of Austria, next to the Zeller See (lake) and surrounded by beautiful mountains. This town is very popular both in winter and summer because of good skiing and hiking trails of the surrounding mountains respectively, especially Schmittenhohe (see my VT Schmitten page) the mountain just next to Zell Am See.

My wife and I spent a part of our honeymoon at this lovely town in June 2007, and really enjoyed our time here. Hope the information and photographs will be useful to you, and hope you can give some comments and ratings. Thanks.

The Zeller See is a small and beautiful lake next to Zell Am See. There are many activities here, especially during summer where you can see people swimming, boating, sailing etc. During the cold winter, the lake freezes.

The town of Zell Am See is small and easy to move around. There are some beautiful Austrian architecture/buildings here, and it is generally safe to walk around the town and lake areas.

• Pros:Lovely town and beautiful surroundings
  • Cons:Can be expensive to some
  • In a nutshell:If you want to see the real beauty of Austria, then you should visit Zell Am See
  • Last visit to Zell am See: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Aug 9, 2007

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2011 at 12:41 PM

This should be a nice place to visit for some days. Ciao!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2009 at 11:19 PM

I enjoyed my visit to Lake Attersee, too....

• a.lena's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2007 at 6:18 PM

Very helpful page! And I love the pictures in your travelogues.

• BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2007 at 10:42 PM

I was there just for a while so these pages are great for a better view

• Manara's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2007 at 11:58 AM

Beautiful page! I visited Zell very briefly, it seems I must go there again.

• trisanna's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2007 at 10:02 AM

Great pictures! Looks like you and your wife had a wonderful honeymoon. Justin and I will be in Zell am See next month to visit some of my family. I have never been there before and really looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing your photos and tips!

• i-bella's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2007 at 5:35 AM

Very good tips and beautiful pictures!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2007 at 12:59 PM

Wow...what a beautiful alpine lakeside Aurstrian town. Straight out of an Austrian fairy tale. Thanks for sharing. I smell the montane fresh air :)

• xuessium's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2007 at 6:32 AM

I see you found a most lovely spot for your honeymoon, Victor. Picturesque spot I must say!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2007 at 8:21 PM

nice to see your new page, Victor and I have to say, you had really choosen the perfect place & hotel for your honeymoon ! b.t.w. "Austrian Fountain" is made by Hundertwasser

victorwkf

“The world is what we make of it”

Badges & Stats in Zell am See

Have you been to Zell am See?