Calalzo Things to Do Tips by victorwkf
Calalzo Things to Do: 6 reviews and 26 photos
The town of Calalzo Di Cadore, Italy
The town of Calalzo Di Cadore is small, and there is a lake next to the town where you can visit. When you reach the train station, there is a tourist information counter. Ask them for a map of the town and the route to the lake. It is very nice to walk around and experience something totally different from Venice for a change, the only thing you need to watch out is the fast vehicles travelling on the road (especially at corners and bends).
Dolomite Mountains at Calalzo, Italy
One of the main reasons why you should visit Calalzo Di Cadore is the stunning Dolomite Mountains surrounding the town, especially the Marmarole mountain range. Even during the train journey to the town, you will pass by some very beautiful mountain scenery, with mountains, rivers, deep valleys, alpine towns etc. Sunset at this town is beautiful, especially when the evening sun rays shine onto the mountains.
End of the railway line at Calalzo, Italy
Calalzo Di Cadore is the main railway point of this region of the Dolomite Mountains, in fact it is the end point of the railway line to this region. The trains mainly come from major towns and cities of the Veneto region such as Venice, Padova, Verona etc. During the peak seasons, there are trains all the way from Milan bringing people here and then transfer by Dolomiti buses to the famous ski-ing town of Cortina d'Ampezzo (about 1 hour drive away).
Lake next to Calalzo Di Cadore, Italy
There is a beautiful lake next to Calalzo Di Cadore which you should walk there to experience the nice scenery. Take a map from the tourist information counter at the railway station and ask for directions how to walk there. The path leading down to the lake is near to the railway station where the Eurospar and Lidl supermarkets are located. Please see the travelogue section of this VT page for more information and photos of the lake.
More Reviews (12)
victorwkf's Related Pages
Calalzo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Calalzo Di Cadore - Gateway to Dolomite Mountains"
- "Calalzo, another mountain town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Calalzo
- Hotels in Calalzo
- Transportation in Calalzo
- Shopping in Calalzo
- Warnings and Dangers in Calalzo
- See All...
Explore the World
- Smyrna Hotels
- Cape Canaveral
- Plum Point Hotels
- Vålberg Hotels
- Saint John's Hotels
- Harbour Island
Badges & Stats in Calalzo
- 16 Reviews
- 75 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Calalzo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Calalzo
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- updated a Calalzo Travel Page "Calalzo Di Cadore - Gateway to Dolomite Mountains"
- Wrote a Review Unpredictable weather in Calalzo Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Unpredictable weather"
- Commented on one of mapakettle's Calalzo travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues