"Cortina d'Ampezzo - Darling of the Dolomites" Top 5 Page for this destination Cortina d'Ampezzo by victorwkf
Cortina d'Ampezzo Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 232 photos
Cortina d'Ampezzo is a famous alpine town in northern Italy, surrounded by the beautiful Dolomite Mountains in all directions. This town is famous for it's winter activities and have attracted many tourists during the winter season.
During summer, Cortina d'Ampezzo and nearby alpine towns such as St Vito Di Cadore, Tai Di Cadore, Valle Di Cadore and Calalzo Di Cadore (see my VT Calalzo page) offer the visitors stunning mountain sceneries and relaxing towns, which are so different from nearby Venice and the cities / towns of the Veneto plains such as Padova, Verona, Treviso etc.
If you have the time and interest and is at Venice area, I would suggest that you spend one to a few days at Cortina d'Ampezzo or any of the surrounding alpine towns. This is a very good getaway, and I hope my information and photos will be useful to you.
This is the beautiful church at the town centre of Cortina d'Ampezzo, with the Dolomite Mountains at the backdrop.
Even though it was just a day trip and the weather was not that good, my wife and I enjoyed our experiences in Cortina d'Ampezzo and Calalzo Di Cadore (this is part of our honeymoon trip). We left Venice by train early in the morning and only managed to return back to Venice close to mid-night on that day, but we think it was worth it to experience the "off the beaten path" locations in northern Italy :)
- Pros:Charming town, great surrounding scenery, famous ski resort
- Cons:Expensive and rather far from Venice, language problems
- In a nutshell:You need to come here to really experience the Dolomite Mountains
I saw this statue at a small garden at Cortina d'Ampezzo next to a river. As it was raining during that time, I actually... more travel advice
Cortina d'Ampezzo is an expensive town to stay, so you have to be mentally prepared. This is because it is one of the... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Cortina d'Ampezzo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CORTINA & CADORE"
- "Cortina d'Ampezzo - Darling of the Dolomites"
- "CORTINA d'AMPEZZO & SURROUNDS"
- "CORTINA - JEWEL OF THE DOLOMITES"
- "First visit"
- "how the other half live"
- "Cortina and the Dolomites"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- Hotels in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- Transportation in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- Restaurants in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- Warnings and Dangers in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- 15 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (160)
Have you been to Cortina d'Ampezzo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cortina d'Ampezzo
Photos in Cortina d'AmpezzoSee All Photos (71)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues