"Lido - Protector of the Venetian Lagoon" Top 5 Page for this destination Lido by victorwkf

Lido Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 161 photos

Part of my honeymoon in June 2007

Lido is a slender 12km land separating the Venetian lagoon from the open Adriatic Sea. By doing so, it prevents the strong waves of the Adriatic Sea from damaging Venice and the other islands of the lagoon such as Murano and Burano.

Lido can be easily reached from Venice, Murano or Burano by taking the frequent vaporetto (water buses). It offers a different kind of experience from Venice as it has a more relaxed atmosphere with a long beach facing the Adriatic Sea, and there are actually roads and vehicles here unlike Venice.

Let me share with you my trip to Lido, which will hopefully be useful to you if you are planning to visit this place while at Venice.

This is a typical scene of the beach at Lido. This beach is crowded during the warmer summer months but less so during the cooler months. Check out my VT tips for more information and photographs.

This is a typical street scene at Lido, which is filled with shopping, restaurants etc. Yes, there are roads and vehicles at Lido (unlike Venice).

• Pros:Good getaway from Venice, feel the beach and sea
  • Cons:The beach and sand of Lido is not so fantastic as compared to other places
  • In a nutshell:Without Lido, Venice will not be what it is due to the open Adriatic Sea
  • Last visit to Lido: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Aug 8, 2007

• romalot's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2008 at 6:34 AM

Hello Victor, thankyou for sharing the Lido with me, i have just booked to go in May, i will be actually staying on the Lido at the Villa Stella, you have wrote some great comments about it and i am looking forward to going Pat

• longsanborn's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2008 at 2:11 AM

Victor, a great page on Lido. I haven't completed my pages on Venice & the islands. So busy with work & travelling. Soon I'm going home to M'sia. Have a nice day.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2007 at 6:38 AM

Another great page Victor!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2007 at 8:42 PM

a nice page, Victor ! personally I prefer staying in Venice instead of Lido, but when you intend to go bathing as well it makes sense to stay there & the best about Lido is the vaporetto to St.Marks for me ;-)

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2007 at 8:39 AM

Nice page of Lido beach. Did not go here when I was in Venezia. Thanks so much for sharing :)

• BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2007 at 7:16 AM

Good pages on Lido. I must admit, I haven't had time to update my VT pages. I've been traveling for the past 3 weeks : Greece, KL, Miri, Kuching & now back to KL, and back to Africa in 2 days. Will check again with you :-)

victorwkf

“The world is what we make of it”

Badges & Stats in Lido