"Monga National Park - A Journey Back In Time" Monga by victorwkf
Monga Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 62 photos
Firstly, I would like to express a big thank you to George (VT member tiabunna) who gave me a great tour of this place and surrounding areas as well.
Somewhere along the King's Highway linking the town of Braidwood to Batemans Bay in New South Wales state of Australia is a hidden gem of Monga National Park.
The main highlight of Monga National Park is the Penance Grove area with its ancient Gondwanan landscape and tree ferns which are only found it this single spot and nowhere else in the surrounding areas.
Hope the information and photographs of the VT page will be useful to you.
Here is a photograph of the tree ferns at Monga National Park. These ancient plants need shade, cool temperature and moisture to survive.
There is a river called Mongarlowe River which runs through Monga National Park. Along this river are several picnic areas for the family to relax during the weekends and holidays.
- Pros:Unique landscape, well preserve ancient forest
- Cons:Off the beaten path, need a car to reach (no public transport)
- In a nutshell:Unique Landscape in New South Wales, a hidden gem indeed
One of the features of Monga National Park are the tree ferns at the Penance Grove boardwalk area. This is a small... more travel advice
The Mongarlowe River Picnic Area is the start of 2 easy walks of the Monga National Park. The first is the Waratah... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Monga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The shadow of Gondwana lingers longer at Monga"
- "Monga National Park - A Journey Back In Time"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monga
- Hotels in Monga
- Transportation in Monga
- Restaurants in Monga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monga
- 6 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (160)
Have you been to Monga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monga
Photos in MongaSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues