"Muscat - An Amazing Arabic Port City" Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat by victorwkf

Muscat Travel Guide: 425 reviews and 1,175 photos

A place rich in Arabic tradition

Muscat is the capital city of Oman and an important port in the Arabic peninsula from the oldern days till now. Because it is located in a hilly area, Muscat is actually divided into several areas such as Mutrah, Ruwi, Muscat, Qurum, Al Khuwair, Seeb etc.

Despite modernisation, Muscat remains a traditional city with its beautiful arabic architecture, traditional souqs (markets), mosques, people dressing in traditional costumes etc.

Let me share with you my experiences & photographs of Muscat which you may find useful, and perhaps give your comments and ratings. Thanks.

Map of Muscat

This is a map of Muscat, which clearly shows the different areas of the city seperated by hills. They are Muscat, Ruwi, Mutrah, Al Khuwair, Qurum, Madinat at Sultan Qaboos, Seeb etc. Muscat is rather huge and travelling between different places can be expensive by taxi. Also, the attractions are not located near to one another, or near any of the hotels either.

• Pros:Beautiful and traditional arabic port city, friendly people
  • Cons:The attractions are rather far apart from each other
  • In a nutshell:A truely wonderful arabic city to visit
  • Last visit to Muscat: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 9, 2005

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2010 at 2:43 PM

You have presented the culture and the daily living of the residences of this city. The pictures and comments are well done.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2008 at 12:42 AM

Victor, this is a great page about that place, thanx!

• Jun 17, 2007 at 2:00 PM

I called Nabhan on his mobile 968-99418395 when we arrived in Oman. He was really helpful, reliable and honest. He took us on a fantastic day our on the dunes, wahdi bashing and to see a fort. It was an experience I will never forget.

• linwei66's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2007 at 8:27 PM

Great oman pages! I will go there this autumn to visit with a friend and his family, then study arabic in the city!

• BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2007 at 1:12 AM

Hey, I'm going to Muscat next week. I hope I get to see what you've seen :)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2006 at 8:51 AM

Wow, your pictures of Muscat as well as your descriptions inspire me to think about visit to this fascinating city of friendly people, great architecture, food and sceneries.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2006 at 8:49 PM

Another beautiful desert location. SL

• Zsa's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2006 at 12:46 AM

Oman sceneries are beautiful, thanx for providing many pictures. We luv the Wadi. Friends and I will be planninga a trip there this year.

• swings's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2006 at 7:36 AM

Thanks for all the helpful hints about Muscat... I'm sure they'll help us plan our trip... w

• Dec 22, 2005 at 6:56 PM

I found this site so helpful in planning my trip next year. Thank you for these helpful tips. Jackie

victorwkf

“The world is what we make of it”

Badges & Stats in Muscat