"Muscat - An Amazing Arabic Port City" Top 5 Page for this destination Muscat by victorwkf
Muscat Travel Guide: 425 reviews and 1,174 photos
Muscat is the capital city of Oman and an important port in the Arabic peninsula from the oldern days till now. Because it is located in a hilly area, Muscat is actually divided into several areas such as Mutrah, Ruwi, Muscat, Qurum, Al Khuwair, Seeb etc.
Despite modernisation, Muscat remains a traditional city with its beautiful arabic architecture, traditional souqs (markets), mosques, people dressing in traditional costumes etc.
Let me share with you my experiences & photographs of Muscat which you may find useful, and perhaps give your comments and ratings. Thanks.
This is a map of Muscat, which clearly shows the different areas of the city seperated by hills. They are Muscat, Ruwi, Mutrah, Al Khuwair, Qurum, Madinat at Sultan Qaboos, Seeb etc. Muscat is rather huge and travelling between different places can be expensive by taxi. Also, the attractions are not located near to one another, or near any of the hotels either.
- Pros:Beautiful and traditional arabic port city, friendly people
- Cons:The attractions are rather far apart from each other
- In a nutshell:A truely wonderful arabic city to visit
The Al Alam Palace located at Muscat is the office of Sultan Qaboos, ruler of Oman. This beautiful palace stands on the... more travel advice
If you are lucky, you might see the ship of Sultan Qaboos (ruler of Oman) at the Mutrah Harbour just off the waterfront... more travel advice
- See All Books Store at Al Bustan Hotel
- See All Meat section of the fish market
- See All Grand Mosque: Quran on the shelves
victorwkf's Related Pages
Muscat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Muscat - An Amazing Arabic Port City"
- "Muscat - مسقط"
- "Muscat, A Beautiful Lush Green"
- "the road to muscat"
- "MUSCAT - OMAN - THE LAND OF FRANKENCENSE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Muscat
- Hotels in Muscat
- Transportation in Muscat
- Nightlife in Muscat
- Restaurants in Muscat
- Shopping in Muscat
- Warnings and Dangers in Muscat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Muscat
- 43 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Muscat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Muscat
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues