"Nizwa - The Former Capital of Oman" Top 5 Page for this destination Nizwa by victorwkf
Nizwa Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 85 photos
The town of Nizwa located inland among the mountains used to be the capital of Oman until it was moved to the port of Muscat which is near to the sea and therefore provide for better trade opportunities.
Today, Nizwa is a nice cosy town which is famous for its fort, souq (market) as well as a launching base to many attractions around this area such as Jabrin, Bahla, the Western Hajar Mountains etc (please visit my VT Oman sub-pages for more information on these various places).
Let me share with you some information about Nizwa which you may find useful, and perhaps give your comments and ratings.
- In a nutshell:Nice cosy town with a beautiful fort and souq
The swimming pool at the Falaj Daris Hotel is very nice and a lot of hotel guests can be seen swimming there in the... more travel advice
While visiting Nizwa Fort, I met a group of students on an field trip to learn more about the history of Oman. The... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Nizwa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nizwa - The Former Capital of Oman"
- "Oman's Second City"
- "Jamal and Jamilla Camel visit Nizwa Fort and Souk"
- "Ex Capital in search of new identity"
- "Nizwa and the People of Nizwa"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nizwa
- 13 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (160)
Have you been to Nizwa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nizwa
Photos in NizwaSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues