"Sur, Ras Al Jinz & Ras Al Hadd" Sur by victorwkf
Sur Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 87 photos
Sur is a famous coastal town south of Muscat which is apparently home to many rich people in Oman because it is an important coastal trading centre. Also, Sur is very famous for its traditional dhow (wooden ship) building yards.
South of Sur are Ras Al Hadd and Ras Al Jinz with their beautiful beaches and turtle watching. Ras Al Jinz also happens to be the most eastern point of the Arabian Peninsula.
Let me share with you my experiences and photographs of thsee places, which I hope you will find useful and perhaps give your comments and ratings. Thanks.
- Pros:Traditional towns, beautiful beaches, turtle watching etc
- Cons:The accomodations here can be quite expensive
There is a remains of an old British runway at the town of Ras Al Hadd. It is for a British airbase here during World... more travel advice
The coastline can be very colourful due to different colours of the rocks as well as green algae, seashells etc. A good... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Sur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sur, Ras Al Jinz & Ras Al Hadd"
- "SUR HOME OF THE DHOW"
- "The cradle of the dhows"
- "A raid to Sur!!"
- "Sur Pictures"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sur
- 24 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (160)
Have you been to Sur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sur
Photos in SurSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues