"Jerudong - The Empire Strikes Back" Kampong Jerudong by victorwkf
Kampong Jerudong Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 239 photos
The Kampong Jerudong area of Brunei is located along the coastal area near to the international airport and about 30 minutes drive from the main town Bandar Seri Begawan (please visit my VT Bandar Seri Begawan page for more details).
One of the most famous landmarks of Kampong Jerudong must surely be the Empire Hotel & Country Club built by the royal family of Brunei. This hotel is billed as one of the best hotels in Asia and it is easy to see and experience why it is so. I stayed at this hotel for 1 week during July 2007 and enjoyed my stay (even most of the time I was at a meeting held here). Therefore, "The Empire Strikes Back" may not be a bad thing after all if it is referring to this hotel rather than Star Wars.
Other landmarks here would be the Jerudong Park as well as the Polo Club located next to it. I will cover both briefly in my VT tips here.
Hope the information and photographs will be useful to you, perhaps you can give some comments and ratings. Thanks.
This is the facade of the main building of the Empire Hotel & Country Club. This building is very impressive, especially the internal architecture of the lobby area consisting of tall grand pillars and decorations full of luxury.
Here is a photograph of the internal architecture of the main building, I think the photograph can clearly explain the grand decorations and architecture. This is in-line with many of the monuments and religious buildings you see in Brunei i.e. big and luxurous. Oil and wealth can really make a difference :)
- Pros:Great and luxurous hotel, nice seaside surroundings, many facilities
- Cons:Far way from main town, expensive hotel to stay
- In a nutshell:Luxury and comfort at it's very best (if you can afford it)
If you have the money to spent, there are some huge villa houses located near to the Lagoon Wing of the hotel. The villa... more travel advice
The Lagoon Wing consist of several tall blocks of hotel rooms facing a big lagoon located next to the main building. I... more travel advice
- See All Villa Pool
- See All Jerudong Park Polo Club (Part 2)
- Night time at Empire Hotel & Country...
- Empire Arcade
victorwkf's Related Pages
Kampong Jerudong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "jerudong - landfall for majapahit warriors"
- "Jerudong - The Empire Strikes Back"
- "Where Dreams be Realized"
- "Bukit ShahBandar Recreational Forest Park, Brunei"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kampong Jerudong
- Hotels in Kampong Jerudong
- Transportation in Kampong Jerudong
- Nightlife in Kampong Jerudong
- Restaurants in Kampong Jerudong
- Shopping in Kampong Jerudong
- Warnings and Dangers in Kampong Jerudong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kampong Jerudong
- 23 Reviews
- 108 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Kampong Jerudong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kampong Jerudong
Photos in Kampong JerudongSee All Photos (108)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues