"The Istana - Office of the President of Singapore" Istana Negara by victorwkf

Istana Negara Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 101 photos

The Istana (http://www.istana.gov.sg/) is the office of the President of Singapore and a symbol of the country which I live in. The President receives and entertains state guests at the Istana, and the entire compound occupies over 100 acres located along the famous Orchard Road.

The Istana is not opening to the public except for a few days of public holidays of Singapore. I visited the Istana together with my wife on 31 Dec 2006 when it was be opened to the public. I will share with you more information and photos of the Istana of Singapore as soon as I can (I am very busy lately).

If you are interested to find out more about Singapore, please visit my VT Singapore page as well as the VT pages on the various locations within Singapore.

• Pros:Impressive architecture, huge compound, historical significance, good location
  • Cons:Only opened to the public on a few days during the year
  • In a nutshell:An important national monument of Singapore
  • Last visit to Istana Negara: Dec 2006
  • Intro Updated Jan 28, 2007

• aannee's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2011 at 2:41 PM

I wish I could be there on an "open day" It looks very nice.

• RoyJava's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2007 at 1:48 PM

Thanks to SL I entered your Istana Negara VT Pages, enjoyed my stay, great to read and se, tnq, greets RoyJava, The Hague - Holland

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2007 at 9:23 PM

I always walked by Istana Negara. Thanks for sharing what is inside. Nice pictures. SL

victorwkf

“The world is what we make of it”

Badges & Stats in Istana Negara

Have you been to Istana Negara?

Latest Activity in Istana Negara