"The Istana - Office of the President of Singapore" Istana Negara by victorwkf
Istana Negara Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 101 photos
The Istana (http://www.istana.gov.sg/) is the office of the President of Singapore and a symbol of the country which I live in. The President receives and entertains state guests at the Istana, and the entire compound occupies over 100 acres located along the famous Orchard Road.
The Istana is not opening to the public except for a few days of public holidays of Singapore. I visited the Istana together with my wife on 31 Dec 2006 when it was be opened to the public. I will share with you more information and photos of the Istana of Singapore as soon as I can (I am very busy lately).
If you are interested to find out more about Singapore, please visit my VT Singapore page as well as the VT pages on the various locations within Singapore.
- Pros:Impressive architecture, huge compound, historical significance, good location
- Cons:Only opened to the public on a few days during the year
- In a nutshell:An important national monument of Singapore
After you enter the main gate of the Istana along Orchard Road and start walking along the wide walkway, you will notice... more travel advice
There is a huge and popular shopping centre called Plaza Singapura situation just next to the main gate of the Istana... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Istana Negara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Istana Negara (Residence of President)"
- "The Istana - Office of the President of Singapore"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Istana Negara
- Transportation in Istana Negara
- Shopping in Istana Negara
- Warnings and Dangers in Istana Negara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Istana Negara
- 20 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (160)
Have you been to Istana Negara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Istana Negara
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues