"Geylang, Kallang, Aljunied and Kampong Ubi" Kampong Ubi by victorwkf

Kampong Ubi Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 126 photos

Note: With effect from June 2009, my home will be at the Serangoon area of Singapore. Please visit my VT Serangoon page for more information and photographs if you are interested in this area.

====================================================

I want to be more specific on my hometown on VT and therefore I tried looking for it under Singapore, my country. In the end, the closest hit is "Kampong Ubi" which is an area in the eastern part of Singapore which is near to where I live.

Anyway, I will use this VT page to share with you some of the interesting things in the eastern areas of Geylang, Kallang, Aljunied and Kampong Ubi. These areas are rich in local tradition and is very lively especially during the evenings. There are also good food found in these areas, which can be reached easily by bus on the MRT sub-way system of Singapore.

The updates will come periodically and therefore you can drop by every now and then. Thanks.

My Sports Shoes & Sneakers

In 2007, I have taken an interest in sports shoes and sneakers. In fact, one of my best buy is a Nike Considered Humara sneaker which I bought over the internet and shipped all the way from Malmo (Sweden) to Singapore where I live. I will use the "Local Customs" section of this VT page to display my sports shoes & sneakers from 2007 onwards :)

• In a nutshell:An interesting, lively and traditional part of Singapore worth visiting
  • Intro Updated May 19, 2009

• SangAji's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2008 at 5:36 AM

your pixs reminds me of my siglap days!!! thanks a lot.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2008 at 4:50 PM

Duck rice, clay pots...you have my mouth watering. Not sure you could possibly live in a better place to eat. I envy you on that, Victor.

• nezz's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2007 at 2:56 PM

What an excellent page on Geylang . Have a very Merry Xmas from Oz

• ligaya's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2007 at 12:45 PM

excellent tips and many many photos. what a lovely shoes you get. :-)

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2007 at 2:43 AM

Excellent restaurant tips. Now, I have more places to try out on my next Singapore trip. You really know your shoes :)

• meiyergani's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2007 at 7:35 AM

Hi Victor, Papua is not what the peoples imagine from the Bad News on TV, its also offer Tour and Travel enjoyment, you can visit JayaPura, Sorong, Manokwari, all are save for tourist.

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2006 at 2:34 AM

Victor, you've named all the yummy eating places in Geylang. Btw, I just tried the claypot rice in Mother Hen Traditional Soup Rest.(close to Rochor Beancurd). It's great!!!

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2006 at 4:33 AM

If you want to enjoy the smells, character, feeling of old Singapore to me Geylang is the place you capture this feeling very well

• chrisvandenbroucke's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2004 at 10:50 PM

Hi, Never been to Singapore and looks a bit expensive for a budget traveller but I love your pages (Durian smells bad for Westerners, sorry)

• Fattimah's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2004 at 10:25 PM

Hello Victor! I grew up in Kampong Ubi when it was still a kampong back in the 70's. I'm presently working in Bhutan and your photos of Hari Raya in Geylang Serai made me miss home - especially the photo of the ketupat.

victorwkf

“The world is what we make of it”

Badges & Stats in Kampong Ubi

Have you been to Kampong Ubi?

Photos in Kampong Ubi