"Pulau Tekong - Memories of Army Life" Pulau Tekong by victorwkf
Pulau Tekong Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 11 photos
Pulau Tekong (malay word fo Tekong Island) marks the start of army life for many Singaporean guys, including me. You see, guys who are fit and reach 18 years old must go for 2-2.5 years of compulsory military training.
Pulau Tekong is one of the major training centre for Basic Military Training (BMT), the first 3 months of recruit training whereby there are lots of sweat, hardship etc. I doubt you will have chance to visit Pulau Tekong because it is a restricted area for the army. However, I would like to share with you some memories of my army life on the island and thereafter .....
Where is Pulau Tekong island ? Well, it is an island located off the north-eastern shores of Singapore in the Changi area next to Pulau Ubin island (go to my VT Pulau Ubin page for more information). Both Pulau Tekong and Pulau Ubin is very close to the state of Johor of Malaysia.
This is a photograph of Pulau Tekong island which I took from an airplane which was about to land at Singapore's Changi Airport during Aug 2005. Noticed that there is now some land reclaimation works going on near to Pulau Tekong (see sand bar on the photo).
- In a nutshell:A place where many Singapore guys will always remember
During my days as a vehicle mechanic after leaving Pulau Tekong, I learnt a lot about vehicles which is still useful... more travel advice
Although the army life on Pulau Tekong was generally tough, there were times of fun and recreation too in order to raise... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Pulau Tekong Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Pulau Tekong
- 6 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Pulau Tekong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Tekong
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues