Pulau Tembakul Things to Do Tips by victorwkf
Pulau Tembakul Things to Do: 13 reviews and 50 photos
A wooden viewing tower at Kusu Island, Singapore
There are several wooden towers on Kusu Island. You can climb up to have good views of the island, beach and surrounding seas.
The lotus wishing well of Kusu Island
There is a beautiful lotus shaped wishing well at the temple pavillion on top of the main lagoon of Kusu Island, next to the Tua Pek Kong temple. Drop a coin and make a wish here, perhaps your wish might come true :) During the annual pilgrimage season, many locals who come here will wake their wishes.
The main pond of Kusu Island, Singapore
The main lagoon or pond on Kusu Island is located just next to the famous Tua Pek Kong temple. There is a temple pavillion on this lagoon, which houses a wishing well. The tortoises of Kusu Island used to live in this lagoon, but now have been shifted to a nearby tortoise sanctuary.
The rock of luck, Kusu Island, Singapore
There is a famous Rock of Luck at the hill-top kramat area of Kusu Island. The rock is painted gold (see photo) and many local people come here to wish for good luck. They will write on the rock, hoping for lucky lottery numbers or other lucky things to happen on them :)
The main tortoise pond at Kusu Island, Singapore
There is a tortoise pond or sanctuary on Kusu Island, as tortoise is regarded as a sacred animal here due to religion. There are also some tortoises at the Tua Pek Kong temple.
The tortoises used to be living at the main lagoon next to Tua Pek Kong temple, but now they are housed at this tortoise pond.
Tortoise statue at the Tua Pek Kong temple, Kusu
Besides the big tortoise statue at the beach area, there is a smaller and colourful statue of the tortoise at the premises of Tua Pek Kong temple (see photos).
Tortoise Statue at Kusu Island, Singapore
There is a big tortoise statue with 2 tortoises located near to the beach area at Kusu Island park. Kusu Island is famous for its tortoises due to religious seasons. Besides the tortoise statues, there are also many tortoises at the tortoise sanctuary on the island.
The temple pavillion, Kusu Island
Next to the famous Tua Pek Kong temple is a big lagoon with a beautiful temple pavillion in the middle of the lagoon (see photos).
Kusu Island Park, Singapore
Almost the entire Kusu Island is made up of a beautiful park with well-manicured grass. It is very relaxing to visit here during the weekends to enjoy and scenery, beach as well as the strong sea breeze.
The warning beacon at Kusu Island, Singapore
There is a big red warning beacon at one end of Kusu Island facing the open sea. This beacon is needed because this part of the island is very rocky and very dark at night.
More Reviews (13)
- See All Wooden Shelters
- See All Exploring Kusu Island
- Kusu Island beach
- Temporary food court
victorwkf's Related Pages
Pulau Tembakul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pulau Tembakul - Pilgrimage to Kusu Island"
- Create a Pulau Tembakul Travel Page
- Things to Do in Pulau Tembakul
- Transportation in Pulau Tembakul
- Restaurants in Pulau Tembakul
- Shopping in Pulau Tembakul
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Tembakul
- See All...
Explore the World
- West Covina Hotels
- Simla Hotels
- Brian Head
- Serpent Mound State Memorial Hotels
- Nathula Island Hotels
Badges & Stats in Pulau Tembakul
- 26 Reviews
- 112 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Pulau Tembakul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Tembakul
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues