Pulau Ubin Things to Do Tips by victorwkf Top 5 Page for this destination
Pulau Ubin Things to Do: 102 reviews and 151 photos
Pulau Ubin from the air, Singapore
If you are landing or taking off on an airplane at Changi Airport on a clear, you may be able to see Pulau Ubin from the air, which was what I managed to do in March 2006. This island is located along the Straits of Johor, in between Singapore island and the State of Johor, Malaysia. If you have a chance to have a good view from your plane, then Pulau Ubin would look like the photographs shown here :)
Mamam Beach at Pulau Ubin, Singapore
Like the Noordin Beach, Mamam Beach is one of the popular beach along the north coast of Pulau Ubin. Also like Noordin Beach, it is unfortunately rather dirty with litter nowadays. However, local people still like to visit it during the weekends, and some even camp overnight.
Noordin Beach of Pulau Ubin, Singapore
This is one of the popular beach along the north coast of Pulau Ubin, but unfortunately it is rather dirty with litter nowadays. This beach was better during my younger days in the 1980s where I used to visit it quite often as a scout.
Abandoned granite quarry at Pulau Ubin, Singapore
There used to be several granite quarries at Pulau Ubin but they are abandoned now. This results in water filling up these quarries causing them to be very beautiful naturally. When walking or cycling along the path leading to the west of the island, you will come across one or two of these quarries.
After a tiring day at Pulau Ubin, a good way to relax is to try the local tasty food at the hawker centre at Changi Village next to the jetty. You can also go to the nearby Changi beach to just laze around in the tropical sun and sea.
If you are staying in Singapore for a while and want adventure, then the Outward Bound is for you. The headquarters and adventure camp is located on Pulau Ubin and offers you various adventure and survival programmes.
Directions: The Outward Bound website is at: http://www.obs.org.sg/index_flash.htm
There are some animals on the island e.g. wild boar, wild fowl, snakes, monitor lizards etc if you can spot them. There are also various colourful insects and butterflys if you have an observant eye.
There are many species of tropical plants on the island to thrill the avid botanists and plant lovers.
There is a historical & colourful Chinese opera theatre at the main village, a must see when you are there.
Besides temples, there are other religious structures such as Buddhist stupas located on the island.
More Reviews (31)
- See All Getting onto the boat & alighting
- See All Views of Malaysia
- See All Boat journey to Pulau Ubin
- See All House of the village head
victorwkf's Related Pages
Pulau Ubin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rustic Charm of Pulau Ubin"
- "Singapore's Rustic Backyard"
- "Pulau Ubin - Tranquil island off Singapore"
- "Pulau Ubin, Singapore"
- "An Island Getaway! - Pulau Ubin"
- "An Island Getaway from Singapore"
- "counting st valentine's day in the island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Ubin
- Hotels in Pulau Ubin
- Transportation in Pulau Ubin
- Restaurants in Pulau Ubin
- Shopping in Pulau Ubin
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Ubin
- See All...
Explore the World
- Doheny State Beach Hotels
- Kramer Junction Hotels
- Humboldt Redwoods State Park Hotels
- Torbay Hotels
Badges & Stats in Pulau Ubin
- 45 Reviews
- 109 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Pulau Ubin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Ubin
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pulau Ubin Trip (April 2010)"
- created a Pulau Ubin Travelogue "Pulau Ubin Trip (April 2010)"
- Wrote a Review Getting onto the boat & alighting in Pulau Ubin Warnings and Dangers
- Commented on one of y_lyn's Pulau Ubin travel pages
Photos in Pulau UbinSee All Photos (109)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues