"Ha Long - Bay of Beauty and Legend" Top 5 Page for this destination Ha Long by victorwkf
Ha Long Travel Guide: 457 reviews and 1,603 photos
Firstly, I would like to thank the VT members for giving very good advice on Halong Bay before my visit, especially those who urge me and my wife to stay overnight instead of spending a day trip there. Overall, both of us have a fantastic time at Halong Bay and the scenery is really awesome.
Halong Bay is one of the most famous natural places in Asia and not to be missed when you are in Vietnam. In fact, it is an UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1994. Formed by the movement of the earth, this place consists of thousands of limestone karst islands and many caves, as well as lovely beaches.
Let me share my experiences and photographs of Halong Bay, which hopefully will inspire you to visit this place.
This photograph is the classical view of Halong Bay which you will see in many travel brochures as well as other VT pages. It is taken at the top exit of the famous Sung Sot Caves. More photos of Sung Sot Caves are at the travelogue section of this VT page.
Although Halong Bay is dominated by steep limestone islands which protrude out from the sea, there are several nice beaches there which are good place to relax in the sand. One of these beaches is the Soi Sim Beach as shown in this photo. The structure looks at a Japanese Tori Gate :) More photos of the scenery of Halong Bay are at the travelogue section of this VT page.
- Pros:Fantastic scenery, water activities, relaxing, UNESCO world heritage site
- Cons:Touristy and crowded, bumpy land ride from Hanoi to Halong City
- In a nutshell:One of the most beautiful natural scenery in Asia
While in the Sung Sot Caves, your tour guide will show you many interesting shaped rocks inside the caves e.g. dragon,... more travel advice
Here are some more photographs of Halong Bay other than those in other tips and travelogues. Hopefully they will inspire... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Ha Long Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From a Dragon's mouth"
- "Ha Long - Bay of Beauty and Legend"
- "Land of Descending Dragons"
- "Amazing Halong Bay"
- "Dreaming of Ha Long Bay"
- "guell's Ha Long Page"
- "Ha Long Bay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ha Long
- Hotels in Ha Long
- Transportation in Ha Long
- Nightlife in Ha Long
- Restaurants in Ha Long
- Shopping in Ha Long
- Warnings and Dangers in Ha Long
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ha Long
- 32 Reviews
- 160 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (160)
Have you been to Ha Long?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ha Long
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues