"Ha Long - Bay of Beauty and Legend" Top 5 Page for this destination Ha Long by victorwkf

Ha Long Travel Guide: 459 reviews and 1,607 photos

Firstly, I would like to thank the VT members for giving very good advice on Halong Bay before my visit, especially those who urge me and my wife to stay overnight instead of spending a day trip there. Overall, both of us have a fantastic time at Halong Bay and the scenery is really awesome.

Halong Bay is one of the most famous natural places in Asia and not to be missed when you are in Vietnam. In fact, it is an UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1994. Formed by the movement of the earth, this place consists of thousands of limestone karst islands and many caves, as well as lovely beaches.

Let me share my experiences and photographs of Halong Bay, which hopefully will inspire you to visit this place.

This photograph is the classical view of Halong Bay which you will see in many travel brochures as well as other VT pages. It is taken at the top exit of the famous Sung Sot Caves. More photos of Sung Sot Caves are at the travelogue section of this VT page.

Although Halong Bay is dominated by steep limestone islands which protrude out from the sea, there are several nice beaches there which are good place to relax in the sand. One of these beaches is the Soi Sim Beach as shown in this photo. The structure looks at a Japanese Tori Gate :) More photos of the scenery of Halong Bay are at the travelogue section of this VT page.

• Pros:Fantastic scenery, water activities, relaxing, UNESCO world heritage site
  • Cons:Touristy and crowded, bumpy land ride from Hanoi to Halong City
  • In a nutshell:One of the most beautiful natural scenery in Asia
  • Last visit to Ha Long: Dec 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 6, 2007

• Aug 7, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Hi Victor! I'll be going to Halong Bay in December. Did you find it cold at that time of year? Thanks! Chris

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2007 at 7:59 AM

Wonderful inspiring tips and photos. I hope to visit Vietnam in February and Ha Long is obviously a must.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2007 at 5:52 PM

great pics and tips Victor! I can't wait to get back to Vietnam, maybe next trip!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2007 at 5:50 PM

What a wonderful virtual tour you give, Victor. Brilliant, vibrant photographs accompany your interesting and informative narratives. From glorious sunsets to cockfights, this is a grand tour.

• airasia's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2007 at 5:57 AM

hey Vic i figure you just came back from Ha Long. Great getaway isn't it.

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2007 at 5:21 PM

Ha Long Bay has been on my "wish list" for ages. Your excellent photos and tips have confirmed it will be staying there until, hopefully, one day...! Well done.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2007 at 4:50 PM

Absolutely fantastic photos Victor!! Your excellent tips really made me want to visit this amazing place in Vietnam. Thanks for this very well done page - I can almost imagine myself relaxing topside on the junk as it cruises along!

• Feb 7, 2007 at 2:22 PM

I love Halong Bay! Great write-up! :)

• toni28's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 3:36 AM

oh my God! this is amazing place victor i really2 love this kind of place hope someday will be able to visit Halong.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2007 at 12:31 PM

Excellent page on Halong. Great pics. Bring back wonderful memories. Cheers, SL

victorwkf

“The world is what we make of it”

Badges & Stats in Ha Long

Have you been to Ha Long?

Latest Activity in Ha Long