"Tagaytay - Lovely Place on a Volcano" Top 5 Page for this destination Tagaytay by victorwkf
Tagaytay Travel Guide: 258 reviews and 846 photos
Tagaytay is one of the major tourist attractions in the Philippines, the main landmarks being the Taal Lake which is surrounded by the Tagaytay crater rim. There is an island in the middle of the lake which houses Taal Volcano, one of the smallest volcanoes in the world but very active.
I will divide my tips and photographs into 2 parts. One part is on my trip from the town of Talisay crossing Taal Lake to trek up Taal Volcano, and this part is at my VT Talisay page. As for this VT page on Tagaytay, I shall introduce to you the various places along the Tagaytay crater rim and surrounding areas as well. Hopefully they will be useful to you.
Tagaytay is not just about the Taal Lake and volcano, there are other interesting places in the vicinity such as the Gourmet Farm, flower farms, bee farm, mushroom burger etc. Please see my tips for more information.
For most tourists to Tagaytay, one of their most memorable moments must be the panoramic views of the Taal Lake and Taal Volcano from higher up along the Tagaytay crater rim.
- Pros:Breathtaking scenery, near to Manila, cool weather
- Cons:Relatively expensive, can be very crowded during weekends
- In a nutshell:One of the main natural attraction in the Philippines
Although it is possible to travel from Manila to Tagaytay by public transport, it may not be very safe to do so unless... more travel advice
If you want to swim in Tagaytay, you can either enjoy the swimming pool at one of the better hotels e.g. Days Hotel or... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Tagaytay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Highlands and the Lowlands"
- "Dine, Stay, Play and Pray"
- "Tagaytay - Lovely Place on a Volcano"
- "Tagaytay City - The City of Smiles"
- "Philippines : what a beautiful place"
- "Tagaytay - A Little Town South of Manila"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tagaytay
- Hotels in Tagaytay
- Transportation in Tagaytay
- Nightlife in Tagaytay
- Restaurants in Tagaytay
- Shopping in Tagaytay
- Warnings and Dangers in Tagaytay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tagaytay
- 24 Reviews
- 93 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Tagaytay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tagaytay
Photos in TagaytaySee All Photos (93)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues