"Ulaanbaatar - The Red Hero City" Top 5 Page for this destination Ulaanbaatar by victorwkf
Ulaanbaatar Travel Guide: 293 reviews and 847 photos
Ulaanbaatar (which means "Red Hero") is the capital of Mongolia. It is a simple and no-frills type of city with some tourist attractions.
Ulaanbaatar is surrounded by mountains which protect it from the harsh surrounding elements. The Tuul River flows through the city and you can see people swimming in it during the hot summer.
Let me share with you some of my experiences in Ulaanbaatar which you might find useful, and perhaps give your comments and ratings. Thanks.
- Pros:Some interesting attractions & Naadam Festival
- Cons:Simple and a bit run down
- In a nutshell:A simple and no-frills city coming out of Communism
The real Mongolia is really outside Ulaanbaatar and it is a must to travel outside to experience to open plains, rolling... more travel advice
The ancient city of Karakorum is once the main capital of the magnificent Mongol Empire. Although quite far away from... more travel advice
- See All Taxi
- See All Food at the Naadam Festival Bazaar
- See All Cashmere products
- Beware of pickpockets !
victorwkf's Related Pages
Ulaanbaatar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ulaanbaatar - UB"
- "Welcome to Ulaanbaatar"
- "Ulaanbaatar - The Red Hero City"
- "ULAAN BAATOR"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ulaanbaatar
- Hotels in Ulaanbaatar
- Transportation in Ulaanbaatar
- Nightlife in Ulaanbaatar
- Restaurants in Ulaanbaatar
- Shopping in Ulaanbaatar
- Warnings and Dangers in Ulaanbaatar
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ulaanbaatar
- 33 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Ulaanbaatar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ulaanbaatar
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Gandan Monestary"
- created a Ulaanbaatar Travelogue "Photographs of Ulaanbaatar"
- Wrote a Review Go out, stay in a ger and experience Mongolia in Ulaanbaatar Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of swesn's Ulaanbaatar travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (99)
Latest Ulaanbaatar hotel reviews
- The Continental Hotel
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Bayangol Hotel
- 119 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 27, 2013
- Nassan's Guesthouse
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 22, 2013
- Chinggis Khaan Hotel
- 76 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Hotel Mongolia
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 30, 2013
- UB Guesthouse
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013
- Oneway Guesthouse
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2010
- Ulaanbaatar Hotel
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013