Genting Favorite Tips by victorwkf Top 5 Page for this destination
Genting Favorites: 32 reviews and 54 photos
The colours of Genting Highlands, Malaysia
Favorite thing: Just like other theme parks and entertainment centres, there are lots of colours in Genting Highlands, both at the indoor and outdoor theme parks. Personally I think the colour sense of the Genting Highlands as a whole is very pleasing and good.
A signboard at Genting Highlands, Malaysia
Favorite thing: Genting Highlands can be very confusing at first, but this place has very good and informative signboards and maps to guide you to the various attractions. Besides Malay language, the signboards are also in English and Chinese. The map can be obtained at the various hotels at Genting Highlands.
Genting Highlands, Malaysia
Favorite thing: One of the best things I like about Genting Highlands is the cool weather and relaxing atmosphere. In-between the casinos and theme parks, you can always go outdoor, sit at the benches and watch the world go by in the cool and foggy weather. No wonder a lot of locals and people from Singapore come here to escape from work and the hot tropical weather :)
Flower fountain at Genting Highlands, Malaysia
Favorite thing: There is an impressive outdoor fountain and flower nursery just next to the outdoor theme park. You cannot miss it because there are so many colourful and huge flowers on dispaly. Due to the cool and dry climate of Genting Highlands, there are many temperate plants and flowers which are grown here which are otherwise not possible in the tropical and humid weather of Malaysia. This is not to be missed and more photographs are at the travelogue section of this VT page.
Genting Highlands about 20 years ago
Favorite thing: More photos of my trip to Genting Highlands about 20 years ago. My family and I still visit this place periodically, especially my mother and relatives who go there very often, mainly to the casino :)
Genting Highlands years ago, Malaysia
Favorite thing: I have been to Genting Highlands several times since I was young (about 10 years old) and have seen the tranformation and expansion of the place into a huge entertainment centre. Genting Highlands is perhaps my first travel out of Singapore as my family could not afford trips to destinations too far away from Singapore then. Genting Highlands has always been a favourite place for the locals as well as Singaporeans who went there mainly for the casino (for the adults) and the various games, rides, arcades (for the children). Genting Highlands always upgrade itself and expand and this is a very good move to attract repeated tourists back here as there is always something new coming up. Attached are some photos of Genting Highlands about 20 years ago when I visited during my younger days :)
More Reviews (26)
- See All Performances at Indoor Theme Park
- See All Highlands Hotel
- See All Tid-bit shops
- See All Small shops along the walkways
victorwkf's Related Pages
Genting Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Genting - City of Entertainment in the Clouds"
- "Genting Highlands - Entertainment on Mountain Top"
- "Genting trip"
- "Genting - City of Entertainment"
- "Genting Highland - City of Fun in the Clouds"
- "Genting: World of Entertainment"
- "Genting Highlands - City in the Clouds"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Genting
- Hotels in Genting
- Transportation in Genting
- Nightlife in Genting
- Restaurants in Genting
- Shopping in Genting
- Warnings and Dangers in Genting
- See All...
Explore the World
- Yamba Hotels
- Kampong Ayer Molek Hotels
- Bacolod Hacienda Hotels
- Ar Rams Hotels
Badges & Stats in Genting
- 32 Reviews
- 131 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Genting?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Genting
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- Commented on one of Yijie's Genting travel pages
- Wrote a Review Performances at Indoor Theme Park about Indoor Theme Park in Genting Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Performances at Indoor Theme Park"
- updated a Genting Travel Page "Genting Highlands - Entertainment on Mountain Top"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (99)
Latest Genting hotel reviews
- First World Hotel
- 893 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Theme Park Hotel
- 274 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Awana Genting Highlands
- 267 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Kayangan Apartment
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 14, 2013
- Maxims Genting Hotel
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Ria Apartments
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 14, 2013
- Resort Hotel Genting Highlands
- 162 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Genting View Resort
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 18, 2013
- Highlands Hotel
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013
- Seri Malaysia Genting Highlands
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 1, 2013
- Jurina Hill Lodge
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 3, 2012
- First World Plaza- 33 Reviews, 82 Photos
- Outdoor Theme Park- 23 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Genting Highlands- 16 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Casinos- 7 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Snow World- 5 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Indoor Theme Park- 5 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Ripley's Belive it or Not- 5 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Rainforest Splash Pool- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Skyway- 3 Reviews, 9 Photos
- First World Cineplex- 2 Reviews, 1 Photos
See All Genting Things to Do