"Uluwatu - Cliffhanger Temple & Nasty Monkeys" Top 5 Page for this destination Uluwatu by victorwkf

Uluwatu Travel Guide: 236 reviews and 641 photos

The Hindu temple at Uluwatu must be one of the most dramatic temples in the world as it sits near the edge of a sheer cliff overlooking the Indian Ocean.

This temple is a popular tourist destination due to the above as well as its close proximity to the famous Kuta Beach area, Jimbaran, Denpasar of the airport. Let me share with you my experiences and photographs of this interesting in Bali, which hopefully will be useful to you.

The surroundings of the temple at Uluwatu offers spectacular scenery, such as the one shown on the photograph. These are the stuff that makes the journey here really worthwhile.

• Pros:Beautiful temple and surrounding scenery
  • Cons:Beware of nasty monkeys, touristy place
  • In a nutshell:Worth visiting as it is famous and near to Kuta Beach and Denpasar
  • Last visit to Uluwatu: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 23, 2005

• THLIN's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Happy CNY. I can't wait for my trip to Bali to start. haha

• airasia's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2007 at 10:31 PM

hey Vic. Yeah you should stay a little longer in Ubud. As we speak I am planning my 4th outing there soon.

• high_d's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2006 at 8:52 PM

Great pics of Uluwatu...Bali is a definite must-see :) Greetings ~Heidi

• Robdaz's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2006 at 8:34 PM

Hi Vic, Nice pages on Bali. I will be there soon to check it out myself. Hope to have some nice weather liked you did. Rob

• RoyJava's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2006 at 2:02 PM

Fantastic Uluwatu pages Victor,... loved every pic and comments, and painted this most spectacular spot of Bali,... thanks, greetzzz RoyJava

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2006 at 7:00 PM

Victor, when i was here, it rained! Didn't capture the sunset I hoped for..

• dfactor's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2005 at 7:40 AM

Doing my homework on Bali now. Leaving next Jan! :D Thanks for the sharing.

victorwkf

“The world is what we make of it”

Badges & Stats in Uluwatu

Have you been to Uluwatu?

Latest Activity in Uluwatu