"Batam Island - A Relaxing Island Near Singapore" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam by victorwkf

Pulau Batam Travel Guide: 406 reviews and 1,061 photos

The island of Batam is very near to Singapore and can be reached by a 45 minutes ferry ride. It is a very good getaway from the modern and orderly nature of Singapore. Let me share with you information about Batam Island, which I visit frequently as my wife's parents are staying there.

Hope you would find the information in this guide useful, and perhaps you can rate them or give your comments. Thanks.

This photograph shows the traditional entrance of the Pondok Kelapa Restuarant which is located at Nagoya, the biggest town in Batam. You should try the delicious local Indonesian food as well as seafood when you are in Batam, more information is in the restaurant section of this VT page.

• Pros:Located near to Singapore & can be reached by ferry
  • Cons:Can be very dusty and dirty at some places
  • In a nutshell:A good getaway from Singapore with cheap stuff
  • Intro Updated Dec 4, 2008

• yellowbell's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2009 at 7:35 AM

Happy New Year Victor! I didn't know about Bintan and Batam since I read these tips. Thank you. My husband I will stop in Singapore April 4-6 on our way to Manila.

• toni28's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2007 at 4:37 AM

Very interesting place victor... mega mall sounds familiar there are lots of mega mall in the phil.. Happy chinese new year!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2007 at 6:07 AM

Excellent page of Batam. Bring back memories. Cheers, SL

• wathy's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2007 at 6:18 AM

Hi Victor, you have a lot of nice pages! Thank u for dropping in my Batam pages. Dun know the truth though, I've been told that name of Nagoya in Batam was named by japanese when the war period ^^;

• Sep 11, 2006 at 10:05 PM

Yep, it's one of the list to eat there. But I could have avocado juice here too, at lucky plaza with many Indonesian stall there.

• sweetie_inc's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2006 at 11:43 AM

good pict on turi beach... hope to go there during the coming vesak day!

• black_mimi99's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2006 at 6:43 AM

nice page!!! must go to Batam one day...hiks hiks hiks... thx for the info..

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2005 at 8:55 AM

Great page you have here, sounds like our cup of tea! We love beaches and islands. Very helpful information and wonderful photos, Thank you :o)

• missbean's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2005 at 11:24 PM

Hey, i travel to Batam frequently for meetings and work. This would be useful!

• edachsund's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2003 at 9:38 PM

Thanks for the info.

victorwkf Visits Here Frequently!

victorwkf

“The world is what we make of it”

Badges & Stats in Pulau Batam

Have you been to Pulau Batam?