"Batam Island - A Relaxing Island Near Singapore" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam by victorwkf
Pulau Batam Travel Guide: 415 reviews and 1,075 photos
The island of Batam is very near to Singapore and can be reached by a 45 minutes ferry ride. It is a very good getaway from the modern and orderly nature of Singapore. Let me share with you information about Batam Island, which I visit frequently as my wife's parents are staying there.
Hope you would find the information in this guide useful, and perhaps you can rate them or give your comments. Thanks.
This photograph shows the traditional entrance of the Pondok Kelapa Restuarant which is located at Nagoya, the biggest town in Batam. You should try the delicious local Indonesian food as well as seafood when you are in Batam, more information is in the restaurant section of this VT page.
- Pros:Located near to Singapore & can be reached by ferry
- Cons:Can be very dusty and dirty at some places
- In a nutshell:A good getaway from Singapore with cheap stuff
There is a food court just next to the Batu Ampar ferry terminal just next to Nagoya (main town of Batam), where there... more travel advice
- See All Golden View Hotel
- See All Reservoirs at Batam Island (Part 2)
- See All Hang Nadim Airport (Part 2)
victorwkf's Related Pages
Pulau Batam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PULAU BATAM, INDONESIA 2006: Sat 25 Mar - Sun 26"
- "Batam Island - A Relaxing Island Near Singapore"
- "Batam Trip 2005: Fri 25th Mar - Sun 27th Mar"
- "Batam-nearer to Singapore than to Jakarta"
- "Twin Land of Singapore"
- "An Island South of Singapore"
- "Batam Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Batam
- Hotels in Pulau Batam
- Transportation in Pulau Batam
- Nightlife in Pulau Batam
- Restaurants in Pulau Batam
- Shopping in Pulau Batam
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Batam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Batam
- 55 Reviews
- 221 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (160)
Have you been to Pulau Batam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Batam
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- updated a Pulau Batam Travel Page "Batam Island - A Relaxing Island Near Singapore"
- Wrote a Review Food Court at Batu Ampar Ferry Terminal in Pulau Batam Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Vihara Budhi Bhakti (Tua Pek Kong Bio) - Part 2"
- Commented on one of wathy's Pulau Batam travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues