"Karimun - Between Sumatra, Singapore & Malaysia" Pulau Karimun Besar by victorwkf
Pulau Karimun Besar Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 34 photos
Karimun Island is part of the Riau Islands of Indonesia, and it is situated somewhere between Sumatra island of Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. The biggest town here is Tanjung Balai, where the ferry terminal is located.
If you intend to explore the Riau Islands, then this place could be included in your trip. Other places in the Riau Islands worth visiting are Bintan Island, Batam Island (both close to Singapore), Bengkalis, Selatpanjang and Dumai. You could venture south to visit the Lingga Islands which are "off the beaten path".
Hope you will find the information and photographs useful, and perhaps give your comments and ratings. Thanks.
- Pros:Off the beaten path
- Cons:Language problem, beggars and prostitution
- In a nutshell:This could form part of your exploration of the Riau Islands
The nest of the swallow bird is made from the solidified saliva of the bird, and this is a very expensive tonic delicacy... more travel advice
When I was travelling to Karimun Island by ferry, the surrounding scenery of the islands, sea and sun was very... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Pulau Karimun Besar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karimun - Between Sumatra, Singapore & Malaysia"
- "KarimuN-Tg. Balai"
- "A story of a nation with 200 million of population"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Karimun Besar
- Hotels in Pulau Karimun Besar
- Transportation in Pulau Karimun Besar
- Nightlife in Pulau Karimun Besar
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Karimun Besar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Karimun Besar
- 7 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Pulau Karimun Besar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Karimun Besar
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- Commented on one of voo888doo's Pulau Karimun Besar travel pages
- Wrote a Review Bird's Nest in Pulau Karimun Besar Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bird's Nest"
- updated a Pulau Karimun Besar Travel Page "Karimun - Between Sumatra, Singapore & Malaysia"
Photos in Pulau Karimun BesarSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues