"Kuta & Legian - Famous Beach in Bali" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuta by victorwkf

Kuta Travel Guide: 424 reviews and 1,177 photos

The long stretch of beach at the Kuta and Legian area of Bali, near to the town of Denpasar and airport, is perhaps the most famous beach in Bali. As expected, there are many beach activities here as well as beach resorts, tourists, pubs, restaurants, shopping etc.

Unfortunately, terrorists have struck here twice and I feel very sad for the friendly locals and the people who are either killed or injuried during the attacks. Nevertheless, Kuta and Legian Beach is worth a stay when you are at Bali to really experience the beach atmosphere and the beautiful sunset.

Let me share with you my experiences and photos of Kuta and Legian Beach, which I hope you will find useful.

One of the most beautiful experience at Kuta and Legian Beach is the sunset which should not be missed when you are at this place. The sunrise is also very enchanting as well. More photos are at the "General Tips" section of this VT page.

This is a photo of me in very formal attire as I was attending a meeting at the Jayakarta Hotel along Legian Beach. This attire was really out of place as almost all the tourists were in beach attire. After the meeting, I really had a good time with the lessen load on my body :)

• Pros:Nice beach, beautiful sunset, lots to see and do
  • Cons:Crowded, touristy, terrorist attacks
  • In a nutshell:Famous beach at Bali which is worth a stay
  • Last visit to Kuta: Jul 2005
  • Intro Written Jan 12, 2006

• Sep 16, 2009 at 1:15 AM

Wat is the exact/actual add of this wood and rattan shop?

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2007 at 2:25 AM

Excellent tips of Kuta area. Enjoyed your colorful photos. Bring back fond memories of Bali. Cheers, SL :)

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2006 at 8:58 AM

Thanx for visiting my Broome pages! I have never been to Bali... yes, and I live so close! The Traditional Balinese dance is definitely something I would love to see one day. Hope you make it to Broome too! :o)

• RoyJava's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2006 at 1:21 PM

Loved my VT Bali trip with your pages, thansk for share. The Hindu religion has started during the Javanese Majapahit Empire, indeed mixed up with animism,... bye from Holland, greetzzz RoyJava

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2006 at 6:59 PM

Victor, your kuta page is more complete than mine! Dining at Jimbaran looks good, btw!

• ludogatto's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2006 at 1:57 AM

nice tips..the religion is not simply Hindu, it's a mix of animist, Hindu...this is they told me many years ago! go ahead

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2006 at 4:19 AM

I love the sunset at Kuta. One day I'll go back there again.

victorwkf

“The world is what we make of it”

Badges & Stats in Kuta