"Lingga Islands - Eden at the Equator" Pulau Lingga by victorwkf
Pulau Lingga Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 52 photos
The Lingga Islands are an archipelago of islands located about 150km south of Singapore, just below the Riau Islands and sandwiched in the Natuna Sea by Sumatra in the west and Kalimantan in the east. The many islands of Lingga bisect the Equator, and these islands are remote and seldom known to tourists.
The biggest two islands of the Lingga Archipelago are Pulau Lingga (Lingga Island) and Pulau Singkep (Singkep Island), the latter being the main island of this archipelago.
I have a chance to visit Pulau Singkep for 3 days during March 2007, and managed to travel through the Lingga Archipelago both by speed boat and airplane during the journey. This VT page will be focussing on the Lingga Islands in general, whereas my VT Pulau Singkep page will focus on the details of Singkep Island.
Hope the information and photos on this page as well as my VT Pulau Singkep page (will be updated from time to time) will be useful to you, especially such information is not easy to find on the internet.
This photograph shows the smaller islands of the Lingga Archipelago. You can see many of them during the speed boat ride from Tanjung Pinang on Bintan Island (one of the big Riau Islands just next to Singapore) to Dabo town on Singkep Island (4 hours one way).
- Pros:Very beautiful islands, friendly people, fantastic beaches
- Cons:Remote and hard to reach, language problems, hot
- In a nutshell:This place is truely the Eden at the Equator, beyond my expectations
Because the Lingga Islands are very remote, below are some important things to note: - Check the boat and plane schedule... more travel advice
Because the Lingga Islands are so remote, some of the beautiful beaches with soft white sand and beautiful sea virtually... more travel advice
victorwkf's Related Pages
Pulau Lingga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lingga Islands - Eden at the Equator"
- "Lingga Islands: Unspoilt Paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Lingga
- Hotels in Pulau Lingga
- Transportation in Pulau Lingga
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Lingga
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pulau Lingga
- 13 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Pulau Lingga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Lingga
- Posted in Travel Slovenia Forum "Re: Schengen Visa"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Going to Lingga Islands by Speed Boat"
- updated a Pulau Lingga Travelogue "Going to Lingga Islands by Speed Boat"
- Wrote a Review Important Things to Note in Pulau Lingga Warnings and Dangers
- Commented on one of jungles's Pulau Lingga travel pages
Photos in Pulau LinggaSee All Photos (50)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 153 reviews, 347 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 92 reviews, 338 photos, 8 travelogues
- Naejangsan-kungnip-kongwon Intro, 74 reviews, 353 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hanoi Intro, 76 reviews, 311 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 58 reviews, 314 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 67 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tanyang Intro, 38 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australian Capital Territory Intro, 52 reviews, 236 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Intro, 45 reviews, 234 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 55 reviews, 222 photos, 8 travelogues